Welcome Guest! You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum. This is only a sampling.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do I keep seeing purple, and What does it mean?  (Read 11024 times)

diniesaur

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Something to do with Set and possibly Bast
Why do I keep seeing purple, and What does it mean?
« on: October 08, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »

When I close my eyes, meditate, or stay in the dark, I usually see purple. When I close my eyes normally, the purple is very faint, but at night and when I'm meditating, I see it very strongly. Usually when I'm meditating outside I see green, but today I asked Set and the Goddess how I could learn from them and what they wanted to teach me, and if there was a particular aspect of the Goddess I could learn from best, and I saw purple again. I'm not sure which one it came from. I'm curious to know if this is just a coincidence, or if purple has some significance that I should be aware of. Any ideas?

diniesaur

• Apprentice
Re: Why do I keep seeing purple, and What does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 04:17:04 PM »

AHA! I was looking up the symbolism of purple, and I saw that in Hinduism Purple is the crown chakra. That's the top of the head, isn't it? I've always felt like there was something there, and lately, I've been compusively touching the top of my head. It feels weird a lot. Could this have anything to do with it?

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan/Heathen
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 10:08:59 AM »

Purple is the color of the crown chakra which is our connection to Divine source.  Usually, the Spirit candle on a Wiccan altar is purple.  Some other correspondences with purple are healing, exorcism, and psychic powers. 
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:35:19 PM »

That's interesting. Do you think maybe I could be seeing purple from me trying to communicate with the Gods and Goddesses, rather than a response that they are giving me? That's weird, though, since I've been seeing it since I was fourteen, and I haven't been actively trying to communicate with them for that long.

Maybe they're healing me, or they want me to heal something? I don't know...

Zlat

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »

Didn't you previously mention that seeing colors while you had your eyes closed was a common effect of your mental thing and is purely biochemical?

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:00:34 PM »

Didn't you previously mention that seeing colors while you had your eyes closed was a common effect of your mental thing and is purely biochemical?

Yes, but others have told me that maybe I should try to look for meaning in it; I'm going to try, but if I don't see any meaning, I will conclude that it is a hallucination.

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Fanatic
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 02:26:59 AM »

I don't think anyone said you should look for meaning in it ... just that they (myself included) had episodes that they were certain weren't hallucinations. ;)
Being still and doing nothing are two very different things.
Mr. Han ... The Karate Kid

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »

Sorry--didn't mean to twist your words. I should have said "convinced" because what you said convinced me to look for meaning in it, whether or not that was your intention.

Crystal Dragon

• Administrator
  • Crystal Fanatic
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 12:53:20 AM »

No worries ... I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't telling you that you should do something and that I didn't think anyone else meant to either.  If you decided on your own to look at or try something based on the comments that's cool.  But if you felt like someone (or all of us) were trying to influence you, that's not cool. ;)

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »

Don't worry; you didn't push me into anything.

But something bothers me...I find it hard to believe that the purple I see can be anything special since I've been seeing it for a long time, except outside. The only way I can think of it being important is if someone was trying to get a message across to me for a long time. What do you think it could mean?

Now that I think of it, I remember that when I first started seeing the purple, it was flashing and I felt like there was a man there. But the flashing and the man feeling aren't there anymore.

Crystal Dragon

• Administrator
  • Crystal Fanatic
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 10:52:01 AM »

I honestly don't know.  It could be that there is someone trying to talk to you, and it could be that there is a physical or neurological reason for it.  Since you are the one experiencing it, you are ultimately the best judge ... it's tough for any of us to be truly honest with ourselves as we tend to second guess a lot and have all the baggage from growing up and living cluttering up the process.  ;)

Now that I think of it, I remember that when I first started seeing the purple, it was flashing and I felt like there was a man there. But the flashing and the man feeling aren't there anymore.

I think that as young children we experience everything as the Universe intends.  But as we grow we are told that having imaginary friends (maybe they are beings from other planes?) or seeing/hearing things that "aren't there" (ghosts or other spirits) isn't acceptable.  And I think the "growing up" process causes us to ignore things because we want to please our parents and peers.  But the side effect is that by ignoring all this, we lose our connection to it.  I think that a big part of relearning to be a whole spiritual being is getting that back.

This is your journey and you are the only one who can decide which is the right path for you and what it all means to you.

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »

That makes sense. Maybe I can just keep trying to find symbolism in the purple. I'm just wary, since my ex used my pagan beliefs to control me, even though he didn't really seem to care about being pagan.

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »

Maybe try that "stream of consciousness" exercise. It may be that you're simply thinking too hard about it. Try to let go of the conscious analysis and just write down what comes to mind when to think about it. It may be that by letting go of "having to figure out what it means", your subconscious will be able to bubble up enough to give you insights you hadn't been aware of before.
I'm living in a world of goldfish.

-- Mycroft Holmes

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »

Thanks, Tirya. That's a good idea; I will try that. I think I'll keep it private for now, though, since I think some of it may have to do with things I can't say for fear of being discovered by my ex. :omg:

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »

Thanks, Tirya. That's a good idea; I will try that. I think I'll keep it private for now, though, since I think some of it may have to do with things I can't say for fear of being discovered by my ex. :omg:

Don't feel like you have to share it at all, ever, if you don't want to. :) Gods know I've got notebooks filled with ramblings that will never be seen by anyone else, but they helped me work through some questions and issues I was having at the time. They're for you - no one else needs to see them, unless you want them to.
I'm living in a world of goldfish.

-- Mycroft Holmes

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 05:51:36 PM »

Today was weird; this time, I was in broad daylight, and I saw mostly purple, but there was a point from which circles of green emnated, getting bigger and bigger. Normally, I wouldn't think anything of it, but it was light in the room. Is there someting wrong with me?

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan/Heathen
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 06:57:59 PM »

I don't think so but since the colors seem to be distracting you, maybe you should try to meditate with your eyes open.  I find walking meditations and visual focus meditations to be very powerful.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »

The problem is that my eyes were open, and I wasn't meditating--at least not on purpose. I was kind of staring off into space.

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 08:34:49 PM »

Another thing I forgot to mention is that it didn't move when my eyes moved--it just stayed in that spot. It's kind of scaring me because I don't want to hallucinate.

Zlat

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »

Sounds more like something to talk to your doc about if you're trying to avoid hallucinations?

diniesaur

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »

Yeah, maybe I should talk to my psychiatrist. I don't think it's as bad as it could be, since I can clearly see that it's not a physical object, but it still looks like I'm actually seeing it. Hallucinations haven't really been a problem for me before--usually it was just when my eyes were closed, or when I was in the dark, or when I was sick, and I could tell it wasn't physical, so I didn't think of them as hallucinations. But it's really surprising to have it in the middle of the day with my eyes open when I'm not trying to meditate.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »

You might ALSO want to talk to an Optometrist. (Eye doctor) There are medical conditions (physical) that can cause spots and such in your vision.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »

:squeezes: Totally understand the nervousness. Good to have it checked out though to make sure it's nothing physical.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

shadowewolf

• Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »

ditto on the go see the MD's. that said..research 'Purple flame' I kept dreaming about the color purple and for the life of me couldn't figure out why.. had a reading with a trusted friend at my local shop and my guides were trying to teach me how to sheild (I work in a comercial pharmacy and come under a lot of fire physcially and phsycically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 2.462 seconds with 26 queries.