Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally a time frame. Ectus coming soon! wish me luck  (Read 10867 times)

Feldrin

• Spiritual Path: Ectosian
Finally a time frame. Ectus coming soon! wish me luck
« on: January 14, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »

Hey all. When last i mentioned Ectosian i had plans of creating the realm of its existence alot sooner. however, as my inexperience with such big projects was fully brought to my attention i faltered and failed. Now, after nearly a year later of practice and more research into what im doing in this particular art, and with alot more confidence in the strength of my friends and myself, im trying again.

This thursday and friday, the moon is to be full two days in a row, and that is when i intend to do the creation ritual. I have the incantation written and im looking over it again and again to memorize it , though i might still bring a cheat sheet with me to read from in case i forget. Meditation has become a far more regular part of my lifestyle so i could better my focus and ability to connect to energies, and me and my friends have bent all our focus on this ritual with confidence in its success. with the ideals of humans having strong powers of creation and the goal of creating a spiritual unity we feel compatible with still strong in our hearts, This will be possibly the biggest, most important, ritual we partake in for a very long while.

Any questions, and i'll gladly answer them. wish me luck  :fingerscrossed:
Courage is not fearlessness, the coward knows not fear for he flees at its first sign, the brave are those who will stand and face fear, and learn it by name.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: Finally a time frame. Ectus coming soon! wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »

My only question would be whether you resolved the problems you were having back in November regarding mood swings, etc.  Your posts then seemed a bit alarming in regards to your lack of control.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Feldrin

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »

yes, i have identified possible causes with help from friends, it was a bit rocky, but i've been doing alot better recently. thanks for asking :)
Courage is not fearlessness, the coward knows not fear for he flees at its first sign, the brave are those who will stand and face fear, and learn it by name.

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »

I find myself questioning why you would desire to undertake what you plan on doing.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

Feldrin

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:35:18 PM »

Well, Its my Belief that people have powers of creation on the ethereal level. the original idea started with wanting to make entities that served to help me and my friends but grew to something i wanted to make bigger than that. I wanted to make entities that could be called upon by anyone so that they could help whoever needed them. in order to make entities so strong i would need a grand power source for them to feed on. so we chose to make a constantly growing plane of power called Ectus, basically an entire realm of pure energy for the purpose of drawing upon, giving to, and giving life to other creations. the reasoning? I never really felt a sense of belonging in any of the paths singularly, and being in all of them without a name that corresponded somehow to my spirituality seemed empty, I aspired to make something that could have an impact on people who might feel the same way. and even if it didn't i would have a place i feel i belonged. a path that to me, represented an ultimate unity of all pantheons including new ones to form, as well as in effect creating a place to call an afterlife in the end, one that didn't seem to let the idea stagnate in my mind. The idea is something that me and my friends have clung to, built upon and refined, and the feeling gained from the idea has made the effort of creating a plane well worth it in the end. 

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 01:53:34 AM »

Sounds a lot like someone trying to explain that the Universe/Divine didn't do it in a manner that suits them and full of hubris, they decided they could do a better job.

Since you can't create raw energy, then where do you think the energy you want to use will come from?  And what makes you think that this energy will do what you wish indefinitely? 

Seems to me that you aren't prepared for what ultimately is bound to happen, assuming you aren't yanking chains for attention and are actually able to do what you set out to do.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

Feldrin

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 05:58:59 PM »

A good point Crystal Dragon, I am fully aware of how my beliefs may seem contradictory to the beliefs of others, and i know i cant really say anything that can assure anyone of my sincerity. However, I can try to explain in the way that I experience it.

this is no attempt at correcting anything I think the divine did wrong, but instead a naming of the principles and ideals that I truly believe. In regards to where I get the energy? My Beliefs personify the stars like gods, as well as entities I have encountered without ever once hearing the names before encountering them. from these I will ask for help with the energies. I will ask for help from gods, because initially I was omni-theistic I made it my goal to research and pray to gods of every faith. by no means have I memorized every name, but my intention is to serve all of them with belief. but I also search to practice a belief that we as people can create entities on the ethereal plane that can be just as potent as gods. I don't hold to ideals of inevitability, instead i look to infinite outcomes. I know that this explanation of my thoughts will displease people and contradict what they think, I am prepared for this. I'm not out to impress people or start arguments. My only goal is to further my faith and be at peace with it. as to how I expect this energy to do what I want indefinitely? I don't know. but as I understand it, you can never be sure that any spell or ritual will work, but you can set guidelines, mechanisms of sorts to help it along the way to keeping true to its purpose.

I don't honestly think that I can convince anyone of my sincerity, my inner readiness, and confidence in the success in this endeavor, but I can try to convey that this is not something I do blindly or out of some childish notion that i can do better than someone or the divine. I can hope that eventually people will see that this is something I feel like I can do right and well, and that one day it will be understood that I do this with every intention of dedicating my life to it. People can tell me that I'm ill prepared, but thats something that can never be known without attempting it first. so while my reasons, abilities, or authenticity may all be questioned, I will remain steadfast in my belief and to the best of my abilities answer the questions to try to calm doubts as they are brought to me.

Feldrin

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »

well, the ritual was successful and the plane created. after some thought about how i might ensure that the energy behaves in a manner according to the plan, i added the creation of three entities to the preparation. these entities were created with a single goal and that is to guide the energy and manage it so that is remains on track. some might disapprove of the subject of this planes creation, or the use of entity creation for such a method, but for any who were interested to see what became of this idea, i just want them to know that we pulled through with success. :)

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 08:12:38 AM »

I think some of the confusion about what you are doing comes from a lack of understanding that when you talk of entities you are talking thought forms. This is simply an extension of the earlier work you were doing with thought forms but extended into something not too far from the concept of an astral temple. Despite your creation of feeder or tending forms, I still think that like all such creations it will fade over time, it requires some belief to keep active. It might be possible if you wrote a book to create a wider belief. You specialize in this type of magic so your experiments keep getting more and more ambitious, much like the guy building a train set that slowly takes over the entire basement. There is a real danger to mental health in creating things this elaborately, you seem to have a talent for such creations and have some immunity to that. I don't think too many could do this and remain sane, thus the problem with writing a book about it. What I am saying is that you seem to be able to do this do your unique mind but do you think this is practical to teach?
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

Feldrin

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 04:37:56 PM »

It could be possible to teach, but as to the practicality, I'm not sure. i think that there could be someone out there who could be like a prodigy in this matter, there could be multiple people out there who could pull it off if they set their minds to it

Eberandus

• Validating
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »

Hello all,  and espessially you Feldrin; my freind,  comrade brother and fellow Ectosian. You all ready know my intial thoughts on Ectus due in part by my role in the creation ritual,  and i will continue to provide Ectus with my Druidic services,  enchants and knowledge to pave a way for students to come.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.