General Topics > General Chat

Your favourite nature spot!

<< < (3/3)

vordan:

--- Quote from: thegeekwitch on January 14, 2015, 04:53:04 AM ---My favourite local spot is the Tasmanian Arboretum, which is where we were married and we recently went back for family photographs with the four of us.  It is a beautiful spot and it feels so energetic.  Plus I just love trees :)

--- End quote ---

I am curious as to how much of Tasmania is forested? I understand that you have mountain forests and something like a temperate rain forest which I picture being like Washington State more cool damp. Are the forested areas very extensive, can you hike for days?

thegeekwitch:

--- Quote from: vordan on February 04, 2015, 10:14:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: thegeekwitch on January 14, 2015, 04:53:04 AM ---My favourite local spot is the Tasmanian Arboretum, which is where we were married and we recently went back for family photographs with the four of us.  It is a beautiful spot and it feels so energetic.  Plus I just love trees :)

--- End quote ---

I am curious as to how much of Tasmania is forested? I understand that you have mountain forests and something like a temperate rain forest which I picture being like Washington State more cool damp. Are the forested areas very extensive, can you hike for days?

--- End quote ---

I'm trying to find the figure and can't, but at a guess I'd say over 60% of the state, probably even more.  Big battles over deforestation and old-growth forests, none of which I'm really *that* clued into sadly.
I'm not much of a hiker - I do like being out in the wilderness but I prefer daytime only lol! But there are trails that suggest days, yeah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version