General Topics > General Chat

Your favourite nature spot!

<< < (2/3) > >>

vordan:

--- Quote from: FollowtheFox on September 02, 2014, 02:24:33 AM ---I'm hoping to start taking some trips once I get a job, and this gives me some great ideas in driving distance vordan! I've always wanted to visit the Redwoods though, hopefully some day!

--- End quote ---

Close to Indiana in Ohio, try also Bruckner Nature  Center, near Troy,  beautiful walks to chose from and a nature center with lots of live critters in the basement and in shelters in back. Also try Hueston Woods State Park near the Indiana border, a small walk but some old trees, a covered bridge, a pioneer village and another nature center

FollowtheFox:
Ah, you hit another favourite of mine vordan! Covered bridges!

Adhara:
Moab/Arches/Four Corners area for sure.  Also would like to get back to Lehman Cave and, though I've not been there before, maybe Carlsbad Caverns someday.  Deserts and caves seem to be my thing, perhaps because I'm allergic to the majority of plant life and it is thus in those places that I can breathe most freely.  For all that trees are beautiful, they still keep trying to kill me every spring.  I grew up on a lot of roadtrips, and while I did enjoy Yellowstone and Yosemite a great deal, it is the Southwest that speaks to me most deeply.  I've recently taken to collecting roadrunners as a sort of good luck charm/maybe power-animal-ish kind of thing, though I do recall being mightily disappointed as a child by their lack of resemblance to the cartoon.  But then, the cartoon was mostly passive, though elusive, coyote prey, whereas the real thing is an impressive hunter famed for slaying of venomous snakes much larger than itself and even shows up in one Native American legend as a Prometheus-like fire-bringer.

vordan:
I went to school in Flagstaff Arizona for a year when young, I loved that area the forest was beautiful there and had some serious energy. I joined the hiking club and wandered some very remote places, best part of the year out there was the hiking. Water usage made me sad in the SW, too many people on finite resources. The land there was never meant for large cities. I really loved the distance vistas in the scenery in the Southwest, most things in the Midwest are close to medium range visually. The color in the exposed rocks were astounding also.

thegeekwitch:
My favourite local spot is the Tasmanian Arboretum, which is where we were married and we recently went back for family photographs with the four of us.  It is a beautiful spot and it feels so energetic.  Plus I just love trees :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version