Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: College religion course help!  (Read 10623 times)

rainshadow

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
College religion course help!
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:11:37 AM »

Hey guys... 2 questions...

I changed my degree path today, which required me to pick up an extra humanities and a science class... For humanities, the advisor (who also teaches the class) picked "Philosophy of Religion," which, I'm excited about but don't know what to expect... anyone ever taken this class?

Next semester, I'll be taking a science class... he said all they had available was Astronomy at this point and kept telling me, "you really don't want to take that class, especially online." I kept getting excited every time he said "Astronomy"... Lol... are they really that hard? (It's a community college Astronomy class, so I'm thinking basic level)

My course load this semester should be fun. English, Introduction to Philosophy, Philosophy of Religion and Abnormal Psychology  :groovin:
I cannot wait for a saviour, my angel is long gone
-Lacuna Coil
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
Re: College religion course help!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »

I'm such a dork that I get excited when other people talk about what classes they get to take!  :rolleye: Always the student, I guess. I loved school more than anything. 

I think the astronomy could be more difficult than other classes but would definitely come in handy in your witchy practice so I say go for it. I never took it but always had wanted to.

The philosophy of religion class-- I have not taken this but had a philosophy of history class. It is most likely going to focus on the question of whether there is a god/gods and significance of religious concepts in different religions as opposed to an overview of the major religions you would get in a World Religions class.

Good luck with your classes. They sound interesting!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »

Been a long time since I was in school but I took a course with a similar title to the Philosophy of Religion, it was simply an overview of the major religions, discussing their basic beliefs. It should be a cake course for you since you like that kind of thing.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

rainshadow

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 08:12:06 AM »

Thanks guys :)

And Vordan, that used to be called Comparative Religions from what the instructor was telling me, but they did away with that and only do the Philosophy of Religion class now.
I cannot wait for a saviour, my angel is long gone
-Lacuna Coil
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.