Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanksgiving - A USA tradition  (Read 10989 times)

DragonsFriend

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Arratu, evolved from the Sumerian myths & practice
Thanksgiving - A USA tradition
« on: November 24, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »

Today is a civic holiday, unless you are in the food or retail business. I am in the process of fixing the dinner that we will have tonight.
The turkey is stuff with a sage dressing and in the oven, to make it the kind of meal I grew up with it will have the common side dishes of whipped potatoes and turkey gravy, sweet potato casserole, green beans and corn. Desert will be apple pie with whipped cream or French vanilla ice cream on top.

OH! I just remembered what didn't feel right about it. I need to make some rolls!
A mature witch's life should reflect the balance of the universe

Eternal Seeker

• Wisest of Them All
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: through the spiritual garden
    • CUUmbaya
Re: Thanksgiving - A USA tradition
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »

I couldn't have much in the way of traditional foods this year, but an evening with old friends and a couple new ones made it a holiday anyway.

peace,
ES
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 10:43:19 PM »

My wife and I have never been much for the holidays, we used to go out to eat sometimes. My wife's sister have kindly invited us and our son the past few years and it has been much appreciated. Her other sister and her sister's daughter were able to attend this year which made it very nice, the three sisters together. My parents and sisters have all passed so I have no one else to visit so this makes a big difference in my life.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:21:18 PM by vordan »
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 07:17:11 PM »

I was so busy cooking for Thanksgiving and Yule decorating that I am just now recovering.  I have hosted my family's holiday gatherings for many years now. It is tradition. I noted this year that the traditional foods have varied over the years as people have come and gone.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.