Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I wrong?  (Read 7748 times)

Wolfsrain

• Journeyman
  • Mood: :hanging:
  • Wanderer
Am I wrong?
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

My sister was in our room after she showered and I wanted to get something 25 minutes or so after she'd been in there. She tells me to wait. I hear her singing. Fine, I wait. I knock again, I ask if I could just grab the one thing. She opens the door and snaps at me that she said to wait. I say you're dressed kid, just let me grab it. She said, very snottily, "I'm looking for something" and closes the door. Hardly a minute later she switches the blow dryer on.

Really? You're looking for something? You can't just let me in?

So I get the knife and jimmy open the door. All hell breaks loose. She flips out that I'm in the room, I ask what her issue is, she tells me to leave. I say if you're going to be mean to me then give me back my iPod dock that you're currently using. She says no. I say it's mine, she says no. Then she says I didn't pay for it. And she's right, I didn't. It was a gift from my mom for my birthday. My mom already broke the antennae on it in a fit of anger, and my sister has already dropped it on me. I pick up her camera and ask if the same concept goes for her camera. I get the death tone of "PUT.DOWN.MY.CAMERA." of course, snot that I am. I say not until you either let me in to get what I need (she's standing in my way and she's as big as me) or give me back my dock. She unplugs it...but not from the surge protector. She unplugs it from it's own cord and hands it to me. She tells me to get the cord myself. I get a little angrier because I don't know at this point what I did to her. Now, keep in mind I'm a step above her as I have one step leading down into my room. I lean forward and start flailing my hands yelling. Apparently she thought I was going to hit her because she hit me square in the face and sent my glasses flying.

I'm a witch when someone messes with my glasses. Glasses and cigarettes. Don't touch them ever for any reason and don't ever refuse to give them back to me. People used to steal my cigarettes from my jacket and then refuse to give them back or threaten to break them. Then I flipped out. Well, I flipped out here. I'm kind of ashamed to say I screamed at her "Get my <insert appropriate> glasses you <insert appropriate>."

She spent the next ten minutes telling me that I'm immature, childish, leave now, I'm not intimidating and the whole time I'm shaking trying to put my stuff together on my bed and I'm trying to remain passively aggressive about it because I knew after the glasses thing if I wasn't careful I would hit her.
Then she started saying she was going to tell my parents about things she knows I haven't gotten around to doing yet.

I don't even know if the question here is "am I wrong" but more "how did a 14 yr old make me lightheaded and cry to the point where I had to sit down in my kitchen and smoke what was left of my mom's cigarette in the ashtray?"
"I am certain of nothing, but the Holiness of the Heart's affections and the Truth of the Imagination." -John Keats

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
Re: Am I wrong?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:55:17 PM »

{{{{{{{{{Wolfie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

If you share a room, she has NO RIGHT to keep you out of it. PERIOD. Being me, I'd have asked her if she was on the rag, because she was acting like a little witch. I would not have asked for the Ipod, I would have just taken it, cord and all, and I'd be investing in some locks.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »

I have a much younger sister who I shared a room with for many years.  It is just too darn easy for a little sister to push our buttons.  I'm almost 50 and the worst argument I have had for the past several years was with my sister.  I came this close to putting her out of the car and making her walk home and she is disabled.

The best advice I can give you is just to try and step back and be the adult in the relationship.  My own recent fight with my sister is proof that this is REALLY hard to do sometimes.  I just try to remember that the one who loses their temper usually loses the argument. :rolleye: 
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Wolfsrain

• Journeyman
  • Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »

{{{{{{{{{Wolfie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

If you share a room, she has NO RIGHT to keep you out of it. PERIOD. Being me, I'd have asked her if she was on the rag, because she was acting like a little witch. I would not have asked for the Ipod, I would have just taken it, cord and all, and I'd be investing in some locks.

Well we have a lock, but my father broke it (also in a fit of rage) so the doorknob is super loose, and it's easy to get open with a butter knife.

:( It wouldn't surprise me if she was on the rag...I don't understand, I don't get this angry when I have mine. Now she's acting like it never happened. Not that she's being nice to me but she's not being bitchy.

I really think I'm going to break one day. The last time I got into a needless, no point to it, argument with my mother it was on facebook chat and I was sitting in the lounge on campus. She got me so worked up that I was EXTREMELY lightheaded to the point where you feel it in your arms and your fingers don't work right? And I was literally loosing my vision a bit. The only time I have ever lost my vision was right before the two times I passed out in my life. Except when it happened those two times it was all black before I lost feeling in my legs and fell. The other night when it happened while talking to my mother I saw white. Don't really know what that means but either I'm going to pass out from anger or start swinging fists. I don't know. While I was posting the original post I was actually having trouble tapping the pad on the laptop to click on things. My fingers just didn't feel proper. :(
"I am certain of nothing, but the Holiness of the Heart's affections and the Truth of the Imagination." -John Keats

Wolfsrain

• Journeyman
  • Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »

I have a much younger sister who I shared a room with for many years.  It is just too darn easy for a little sister to push our buttons.  I'm almost 50 and the worst argument I have had for the past several years was with my sister.  I came this close to putting her out of the car and making her walk home and she is disabled.

The best advice I can give you is just to try and step back and be the adult in the relationship.  My own recent fight with my sister is proof that this is REALLY hard to do sometimes.  I just try to remember that the one who loses their temper usually loses the argument. :rolleye:

That's a good point. I've definitely gotten into slap fights and hair pulling fights with my sister. That's usually my last resort and mostly because she's my size. I don't care if she's 14. If she's willing to curse and me and throw a hand up, I have usually been willing to do the same. Now I don't know if it's worth it.

And I was SO excited today because I just ordered her Christmas presents from Foxy's shop. :( I felt like she hated me and I bought Christmas presents for someone who couldn't stand me.

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »

I think it is always hardest when we fight with siblings.  Some of the most horrid and hurtful things I've ever had said to me came from my own brother.  I think it is mostly because we know our families better than we know most people, so we know which buttons to push to send them over the edge.  They hurt the most because our families are supposed to love us, not hurt us.  I'm not really sure why it is that we think it is okay to day and do those things to family, but we do.

:grouphug:
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:50:07 PM »

The other ladies have pretty much sad most of what I'd bring up.

And just so you know ... Mercury went retrograde today so I'm sure that's not helping. :(

Chalk it up to frayed nerves and try to let it go.  And have you had your blood pressure checked recently?  Getting worked up to the point of almost passing out could indicate a problem.  :squeezes:
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 10:37:39 PM »

Can't add much beyond what the other's have said except  ().

And believe you me, little sisters know just how to cross that line when we know we can't. Mine actually hit me in the head with a baseball bat while I was lying down after a fight trying to passive-aggressively settle myself. That's the closest I've ever been to being violent with a family member. You're not alone.  :grouphug:
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 12:04:01 AM »

Poor Wolfie.  :grouphug:
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

AmberRaven

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »

I can't offer any advice because I don't have a sister and I am the youngest of the kids but I remember fighting like this with my brother and it does suck!

Schizophrenia: We are an army of two.... or more

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 05:08:10 PM »

Are you and your sister talking to each other yet? How is this playing out?
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

Wolfsrain

• Journeyman
  • Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 05:33:01 PM »

She's acting like it didn't happen. I think she heard me crying even though I went in the basement. She drives me bananas. I'm gonna smack her around one of these days. Just wait til she's my age...Hopefully by then things will get better. She's a tough little Scorpio who keeps her emotions at bay and would rather grit her teeth and be evil even if she's upset by something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.