Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Mongo, was this you?  (Read 6934 times)

Eternal Seeker

• Wisest of Them All
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: through the spiritual garden
    • CUUmbaya
Hey Mongo, was this you?
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »

This message composed of 100% recycled electrons

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
Re: Hey Mongo, was this you?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »

Stupidity is somewhat akin to a mystical force, it is everywhere.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »

The real question is, who is ES trying to say is Mongo?  :crazylaugh:
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

:laughfit:  I'd say it absolutely was Mongo, except for the fact that I didn't see a single one of his creative phrases that would have sent me into tears reading that, though it was extremely close.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

Mongo

• Dungeon Master of Irish Diplomacy
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
    • Mongo's Musings
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:04 AM »

:laughfit:  I'd say it absolutely was Mongo, except for the fact that I didn't see a single one of his creative phrases that would have sent me into tears reading that, though it was extremely close.

Sorry, that one wasn't me. Does make me want to start carrying Two-Dollar bills.

I did protest a local Papa John's though. They will not deliver to me any more over a dispute over my form of payment.

Now I understand the laws in the US about money and how they do not have to take any form of payment that they do not want to. I also understand how frustrating it is to clean out one's change drawer because some twit tries paying for a $1.50 soda with a $100 bill.

But here I am with the last bill from the money I pulled from my bank at the drive-through. There is no more money in the account that it attached to the debit card and I do not have credit cards. I have a $50. That's it, end of discussion.

I for dinner decided that Pizza would be a wonderful thing for dinner and the wife agreed. So we opt for two pizzas at the local pizza place that delivers and order $42 dollars worth of pizza. Pizza is ordered online, I explain that I only have a $50 in the notes and get the confirmation that the order was received and was on the way.

Pizza guy comes to the door, hands me the pizza, I start to pull out the $50 as he likewise pulls out a wad of bills that could be used to beat whales to death with. I'm thinking to just give him the $50 and call it a day ($8 dollar tip isn't too bad in my mind). But before I can say anything the guy stops me and says that he can't take the $50. I ask why and he says that it will clean out his change.

Remember the aforementioned wad of bills? I saw him straighten it out. He had enough to give me change for a $200 bill if such creatures existed. I explained that I was going to give him the entire $50 and that he could keep the change.

He would hear nothing of it. I explained that I had put it on the notes for delivery and I pointed it out on the delivery instructions printed on the boxes.

Nothing.

So he asked if there was any other way that I could pay I told him that there was no way until I could get to a bank tomorrow (Monday). He stated that he couldn't take the money so I handed him the pizza aback and apologized and closed the door.

There was a five minute debate through the door that I had to pay for the pizza with me countering that I tried to pay but that he wouldn't take the ONLY form of payment that I had access to. Eventually he gives up. But sadly the pizza place didn't. They called me and reamed me out. Same discussion, same lack of understanding on their part.

Long story short, the only pizza place that delivers to my house is now banning me. I now only have one choice. I have to go there for carry-out and frankly I'm now concerned about that since I'm not big on saliva as a topping. It's ranked above anchovies...but not by much.

So here it is on a Sunday late evening in an area that rolls up the sidewalks at 5pm and I have a house of starving children and adults. Everything I have to cook for dinner is frozen and needs more prep time than I have left in the evening. So off to fast food. BIG sign saying no $50's

In short, there was no place to break the $50 without spending a portion of it (that was needed for food) anywhere in town, no banks were open...nothing.

Eventually we hit the local WaWa and ordered food there which was overpriced, no one got a really filling portion, but at least they took the $50.

But only after checking it with the pen, looking for the water mark, checking the color-shift ink, looking for the security strip, looking for the red and blue security fibers, running it under a black light to see the security strip and calling over a manager for approval.

Since that day, every time I go to the Papa John's to get pizza, I'll go to the bank and ask for the dollar coins and pay for it. And I love doing it to them. Every time I do they complain and so I remind them of the time they wouldn't take a $50 for a $42 order even when I explained that this was all I had. And since they only take the smaller currencies, I am "doing them a favor" by supplying them with such smaller currencies.

If I can't get the coins I'll get a stack of singles and delight in paying for dinner with 40 of the damn things.

I am not the sort of person with one should [redacted] with.
“There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 07:32:29 AM »

:rotflmao:  I swear, you are just a wacky situation magnet, Mongo!
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.