Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Passion?  (Read 6896 times)

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
What is Passion?
« on: July 24, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »

A conversation with a friend of mine prompted this question. What is passion, and what are you passionate about? How do you know?
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
Re: What is Passion?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »

Passion can mean different things in the English language, since you phrased it as what we are passionate about I will assume we are talking more about things that we have great enthusiam for rather then sexual desire or the love of people like a child. I am passionate about nature as represented by the land, flora, fauna and history of where I live. I also am passionate about my country the USA as a concept. Give me liberty or give me death still not just pretty words but a vow. i am passionate about paganism, and Wicca as spititual paths. These occupy my thoughts more then any other as things.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:21:45 PM »

I identify my passions as something that consistently makes me feel enthusiastic, joyful, or fulfilled. I am passionate about my family, both chosen and not.  Nothing pleases me more than spending time with them and supporting them in any way I can and also being supported by them when necessary.  I love cooking, but I love it because it nourishes my loved ones.  I work hard so that I can provide the best life possible for my family and for myself.  This passion is what keeps me going in difficult times; it is the reason I learned to love myself and to take care of myself.

I am passionate about personal growth, for myself and others. I believe that freedom is required for growth, so I am passionate about individual and human rights for adults AND children. I am also passionate about nature, history, and learning of every sort. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:23:55 PM by dragonspring »
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

FairyQueen

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Unitarian Universalist Pagan Witch
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »

I think I agree with DS about what passion is. But, I think I am still figuring out what I'm passionate about.

Nicodemus

• Mood: Happy
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic pantheism
    • A site I frequent
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 05:57:05 AM »

A conversation with a friend of mine prompted this question. What is passion, and what are you passionate about? How do you know?
Passion is a state of mind in which there is refreshed energy and focus to act. Passion propels me into action, where as dis passion, boredom and sloth is its opposite. There is a middle which is peace, tranquillity, acceptance. My mind cycles through these three, sometimes I am just happy, content, other times fed up, stuck in a rut and less frequently I am passionate.

I am passionate about philosophy, about learning new things and seeing the world in a brand new way. I am passionate about pushing past my own barriers and limitations and redefining myself. Nothing gives me so much joy and passion than an "Eureka" moment where I suddenly see just a little more of the mystery of life and what it is all might mean.

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 09:10:48 AM »

Passion is a state of mind in which there is refreshed energy and focus to act.

I think this is a great definition.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.