Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on Shielding  (Read 24101 times)

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
Re: Question on Shielding
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 10:23:31 PM »

I need to work on being more sensitive to the elements ... I don't have near the connection to them I feel like I could have.  Plants and crystals I do fine with, but I'm still working on the element stuff. :whistle:
And I am just the opposite. I do MUCH better with wind, rain, fire and earth than I do plants and crystals.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 11:45:56 PM »

I need to work on being more sensitive to the elements ... I don't have near the connection to them I feel like I could have.  Plants and crystals I do fine with, but I'm still working on the element stuff. :whistle:
And I am just the opposite. I do MUCH better with wind, rain, fire and earth than I do plants and crystals.

Me too. Dunno why.
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:53 AM »

I think it's sort of like our thought processes being different.  Just like we each tend to be better than others at a particular thing, some of us are good at math, others at language or art, we each have our own "talents" with energies.  At least, that's the way I see it. ;)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 12:44:23 AM »

I'd say you are right. I can connect with the elements in wild nature easily. The presence of the landvaettir are readily apparent to me.
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »

I think I kind of fall right in the middle.  I wouldn't consider myself an expert at any one of those things, but I do connect well enough with all of it. 

Funny.  That sounds rather like me and anything creative.  :whistle:
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 09:13:42 AM »

I liked ES's suggestion, I use everything that I can for I am pretty sensitive to all sorts of energies. Besides the energy shielding and the earth grounding I always like to throw in the thought that simply occupying your mind is effective sometimes. What I mean by that is fill your mind with a song for example to block people's emotions out. As for entities and more agressive energies I like to picture the energy swirling pushing it away.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

Mongo

• Dungeon Master of Irish Diplomacy
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
    • Mongo's Musings
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 05:26:53 AM »

I have many different types of shields for many different types of situations.

There is my day-to-day shield that I keep up to act as a filter from the day-to-day background radiation of emotions that flood a facility with over 1,000 employees in it as well as all the patients that come and go.

Then I have a stronger shield when I run into someone pouring out too much negativity.

There is the mirror shield I throw up when I know I'm being attacked by someone (not magically necessarily, but from someone who I know is wishing me ill). The thought is that if they chuck something at me, It'll go right back to them where it belongs. If they stop, then the mirror reflects nothing back.

Then there is the armor. I use this rarely. This is the shield that I can feel crawling over my skin. Think of Major West in the movie version of "Lost in Space" or the briefcase version of Iron Man's battlesuit. I bring that out when I'm encountering something really nasty and possibly otherworldly and unfriendly. The last time that one manifested itself (and while I can and do manifest it to stay in practice, it comes up on it's own as soon as something feels very wrong) was a time I bumped into something that felt really malevolent in a cemetery we were ghost hunting at.

“There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

I'm fairly new to this, so if I'm babbling or not making any sense, just ignore me.  :crazy:

Recently, I started the process of joining a local coven, where the Assistant HP is very talented in shielding, or more specifically, shield-breaking. She can tell what visualization is being used to make the shield, and then find the "chinks" in the armor, but when she looks at me, all she can see is "static".

I haven't had the chance (unfortunately) to work with her too much more yet on this, but what I've come to understand about myself and my shield is this: On top of whatever shield you normally use, try to visualize something related, not to block, defend, or even reflect, but rather to misdirection. Similar to Eastern Martial arts, it's the whole idea of "can't hit me if I'm not there". My visualization is usually a combination of (geek alert) a Star Trek-like cloaking field combined with a muted hard plastic (think waterproof-type material).
This doesn't necessarily work when something is actively trying to get through your shield, but the purpose here is to keep them from finding you in the first place to even attack.
Just my $0.02.  I'll go sit in the corner now.  :whistle:
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »

I have to ask...Why would your HPS want to bypass peoples shields, let alone develop a talent for doing so?
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »

DS, I honestly don't know. From what I've been able to gather, she's only used that talent to "test" members' shielding abilities in controlled environments and with their full knowledge and consent.
But again, for the life of me, I don't know why someone would develop that skill to that degree. I'll keep y'all posted when I learn more.
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 11:02:14 PM »

I'd be very leery about working with someone who could get past my shields without consent.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 01:51:11 AM »

I'd be very leery about working with someone who could get past my shields without consent.

:yeahthat:  It's one thing to be able to identify that someone has a shield up.  It's quite another to attempt to "get into it".  IMHO, to do so even "with consent" leads me to believe that you may be dealing with someone on a power trip.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.