Pagan Journeys > In the Broom Closet

My friend needs some help.

<< < (3/3)

rat:
I was skimming the forums when I found this.
Thank you all for the wonderful advice. :grouphug:
I can't even explain what a wonderful feeling it is to realize how many people care about your well being without even knowing you. This is truly a wonderfully powerful forum. I really appreciate each and everyone one of you that took the time to comment on this page, and than you Diniesaur, you have been such an amazing friend over the years. I vaguely remember you telling me you consulted your pagan friends about this, but it is truly heartwarming to read the above.  ()

I will admit that its weird reading a discussion, and clueing in that its about you :D

I have been slowly inching forward the idea of my faith to my parents. My essential oils are displayed proudly in my room. I have set up a makeshift altar in my room. I meditate freely.

I know my parents too well to know how they would take this. "Its a stage" "You can never talk to THOSE people again." "you actually believe THAT?" "do you know what society will think of you?"

With my parents, especially at this age, it would be better to stay in the broom closet.

I absolutely am cherishing the advice given. Libraries! I discovered the pagan section last week. Oh how it was a horror trying to drag myself out of there to catch a bus! I have taken the covers off my books. They look very unpagan to the untrained eye.

Its very hard for me to lie. I simply cannot. Instead, I've found a happy medium. I only state parts of the truth. The scarf I am knitting. "I had a dream about it" Not, "I had a dream about strangling a demon with this scarf, and I find comfort and protection in knitting this sacred item".

Whats hard with my parents, is that they really DO want whats best for me. The problem being, they don't know how to get there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version