Pagan Journeys > Paths and Traditions

Asatru/Heathen Discrimination?

<< < (5/5)

Crystal Dragon:
Perhaps it is just that they disagree and it's time to let it go at that. ;)

vordan:
My only comment is that a gang can use "religion" as a glue to reinforce the structure of the organization. Black gangs can use Islam or some twist of African based spirituality like Palo, Mexican gangs can use various cults like Santa Muerte, white gangs can corrupt Christianity like the KKK or take a twist on Nordic beliefs. It is normally a clever and cynical attempt to gain the hearts and minds of the followers. What a group does to further their own power with spirituality does not negate the path but does confuse it's image in people's minds. I met a guy who was half Sioux and half Norwegian, he liked the Norwegian Norse mythos more then the American Indian. I have met whites who wanted to study Indian beliefs. I knew a half  Aleut grew up in the wilds and wanted to study Classical Roman and Greek spirituality. I knew a skinny very white boy who loved Voodun. A person is drawn to what they are drawn to. I believe in God or at least the greater divine energy and energies, I believe that things work in mysterious ways. I think Odin can chose his own. I don't really see a conflict for I think the energies decide who their followers are, they call them. If your heritage atunes you more to a specific type of energy that is perhaps part of the plan but not the total factor just a factor. The only thing that needs to be done is to eliminate from the equation the people who manipulate others and leave it to the Gods.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version