Pagan Journeys > Paths and Traditions

Asatru

<< < (3/5) > >>

NowhereMan:
Though this isn't something that I see as meshing well with Asatru, at least from my recon perspective :D, but if it is something that you like and feel a connection with, then go fir it! I do have one question though: why are there specific deities placed in each realm? The Aesir reside in Asgard, and the Vanir in Vanaheim. 

Ghost Wolf:

--- Quote from: NowhereMan on May 22, 2013, 09:10:08 PM ---Though this isn't something that I see as meshing well with Asatru, at least from my recon perspective

--- End quote ---

Would you care to elaborate?

dragonspring:

--- Quote from: NowhereMan on May 22, 2013, 09:10:08 PM ---I do have one question though: why are there specific deities placed in each realm? The Aesir reside in Asgard, and the Vanir in Vanaheim.

--- End quote ---
I am not sure what sources you are using for your recon, but Freyja and Freyr reside in Asgard - a consequence of the peace treaty from the war between the Aesir and the Vanir.

Frey was given a hall in Lossalfheim at birth and he is the Lord of Vanaheim, while Freyja is the Lady.  The other "deities" are the rulers of the respective realms where I have placed them.

NowhereMan:

--- Quote from: Ghost Wolf on May 22, 2013, 09:45:27 PM ---Would you care to elaborate?

--- End quote ---

Ascribing elements, deities, and attributes to the realms seems a little odd to me just because that's not necessarily the type of thing that "fits" with Asatru. Its just an observation though, certainly not a criticism; if you disagree I'd love to hear your take on it. :)

NowhereMan:

--- Quote from: dragonspring on May 22, 2013, 10:46:47 PM ---I am not sure what sources you are using for your recon, but Freyja and Freyr reside in Asgard - a consequence of the peace treaty from the war between the Aesir and the Vanir.

Frey was given a hall in Lossalfheim at birth and he is the Lord of Vanaheim, while Freyja is the Lady.  The other "deities" are the rulers of the respective realms where I have placed them.

--- End quote ---

Correct that Freyr and Freyja reside in Asgard, but I've never heard of Thor being said 'rule' Midgard, for instance. Though I tend to get most of my information from the AFA, Asatru Alliance, and the Eddas, of course. So I am a little limited in my scope I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version