Pagan Journeys > Paths and Traditions

Asatru

<< < (5/5)

dragonspring:

--- Quote from: Eternal Seeker on May 23, 2013, 08:46:26 AM ---
Charts like this, in 2 dimensions, don't make clear (at least to me) some of the direct connections. For example, there are several direct connections to Asgard. "Ásgarðr literally means “enclosure of the Æsir” or “enclosure of the gods.” Ásgarðr is centered on a higher plane above Midgard and can be reached through several means. Chief is Bífrøst or Ásbrú, the fiery rainbow bridge that links the world of men to the realm of the Gods. It can also be accessed from Hell by Gjallarbrú “the resounding bridge.” One can also reach Ásgarðr through the Myrkviðr the “mirk wood” which separates Ágarðr from Múspillheimr. Finally there are the rivers which flow around Ágarðr and these Thunor (Thor) must cross as he is too heavy for the bridges."  http://odinsvolk.ca/new/cosmology/

peace,
ES

--- End quote ---

I would have to agree that it would be very difficult to have an accurate diagram that shows all the pathways available to the gods.  As an engineer with a photographic memory, I find diagrams to be a helpful tool for learning and remembering.  This diagram was something I made to help me relate to the realms, particularly in relation to rune reading.  I used the layout last night for a soul path reading for a friend and I think it worked very well.  Time will tell.

dragonspring:

--- Quote from: NowhereMan on May 23, 2013, 09:02:29 AM ---Unfortunately, I don't have the asset of belonging to a Kindred or having the guidance of a Gothi/Gojya, so oftentimes I have to take things more at face-value, especially as a fledgling Asatruar (only two years). So if I seem a little too rigid in my approach, then please forgive me. Like everyone else, I am still learning.

--- End quote ---
No worries, we are all entitled to our own opinions and practices.  I have been trying to understand what you felt about the diagram that didn't align with Asatru and what your definition is of "traditional".  I believe that you answered that on the thread about books. I do not have any experience on what is "traditional", only what I have experienced and read about.  I know there are several different forms of Asatru and that some folk are more fundamentalist in their views than others.  Our Kindred is Folkish and not overly fundamentalist. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version