Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cats???  (Read 6635 times)

lotusmoon333

• Mood: magickal
  • Spiritual Path: very old earthy magick
Cats???
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »

I have heard of people seeing the ghosts of cats, but I am seeing cats that aren't there.  My son has a cat a gray and white one, well I was bringing grocery bags into the kitchen and thought I saw his cat out of the corner of my eye.  I begin to talk to him like I always do, only to see a very startled look on my son's face. I look back to the floor and no cat.  This cat has appeared sitting in my bedroom window. and sitting in my desk chair.  Has anyone ever experienced this?  If so please share, if not could you recommend a good therapist?

Thank you,

Lotusmoon
knowledge is power the more knowledge you have the more powerful you will be.  learn something new everyday.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
Re: Cats???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »

My mother sees a white cat when there's trouble coming in the family.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

lotusmoon333

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »

this one is black, my niece in San Francisco has been seeing one for years she says.  I am a lot less worried than I was before but just for gp I am going to sage the house.
knowledge is power the more knowledge you have the more powerful you will be.  learn something new everyday.

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »

I see ghost cats on occassion, I wonder sometimes about cat spirits. Puck would sometimes take on the appearance of a cat.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:15:11 PM »

My husband and I have both thought we saw our deceased kitty several times since she died a few years back. It was always out of the corner of our eye, seeing her on her chair or when I would open the garage door I would swear she would run out.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

ShadowCat

• Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 02:52:34 AM »

My kitty of 13 years passed away last November and I often see him out of the corner of my eye or slipping out of a room. I don't think your situation is uncommon at all. He may not be your kitty but he seems to like watching over you and that's a good thing.  :loveheart:
>^..^<

lotusmoon333

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »

My daughter has seen this feline as well we think it maybe her cat that passed.

Mongo

• Dungeon Master of Irish Diplomacy
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
    • Mongo's Musings
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »

It is also possible that it's not really a cat. There are many fae and other spirits and entities that take on different forms to move about more freely. Cats being one of many popular forms.

After all, if you saw this cat outside would you even think twice about it?

So a cat is a popular form. Especially if you're in a house that has cats in it. You are less likely to notice a cat in the corner of your eye. Unless you're sensitive like most of us here are that is.

For example. My mother had at one point four cats. They had turned their porch into a Florida Room (sealing it off and replacing the screen with wall panels and large windows and screens). They would let the cats play out on the porch whenever they wanted, bringing them in at night.

I was rounding up the critters and I called them into the house. First came Jen, Twink, Rainbow, Chester and Jen.

Yes it sounded as odd to me then as that does to you now. Yes I was correct in my initial count of 4 cats, no we do not have two cats named Jen. And no there is only one way on or off that porch and that was past me, the thumb monkey holding the door open, so no one slipped past me to sneak back out onto the porch.

There have been other spectral cat sightings in our house so we're not totally surprised. Knowing more about the Fae and other entities, I suspect that the first "Jen" may have been the imposter. I know the second one was real since she went straight to the food dish and started porking out like she usually does.

So it might be something in disguise in your case as well.
“There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.