Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awesome music  (Read 7510 times)

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
Awesome music
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:52:48 AM »

Not entirely sure where else I could put those, so those of you with the power, feel free to move to an appropriate section.

Just stumbled on an awesome pagan band, called Pandemonaeon. For those of you unfamiliar with them, they released a (self-titled) album almost a decade ago, and are now releasing a second. There's a great interview over at The Wild Hunt with the lead singer. I've been streaming their music for an hour or so, and I'm hooked. There's a great mix of metal, folk, and what they called in the interview a "beauty and beast" dynamic (think Evanescence female/male vocal dynamic, but the guy's more gravelly, like Disturbed).

Here's a link where you can listen and buy/download their songs.
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
Re: Awesome music
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »

Funny you'd post that.  I JUST read that post over on Wild Hunt.  What is even more funny is the fact that I only occasionally hop over there to read, but something inspired me today.

While I do like the sound of the music itself, I don't know that the vocals have won me over.  I'm not sure I can put my finger on it, but something about her voice irritates me.  Eh, I guess everyone just has their own tastes, but I tend to like a smoother sounding voice.  I'm not much of a metal fan, but I like the sound of the singer from Inkubus Sukkubus's voice much better.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:27:46 PM »

Here's a link to one of my favorite songs by a local band, Tuatha Dea.  They led the drum circle Friday night and the energy was amazing.  This one is not out on video yet, but I freaking love it.  At about minute 2:45, a story of the Tuatha de Danann is sung.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/song_3891153

Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »

I did the drum workshop with them. It was fantastic! He said I was a good drummer.  :D
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 22 queries.