Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: visions during meditation....  (Read 10453 times)

TXangel86

• Mood: inspired
  • Spiritual Path: discovering
visions during meditation....
« on: October 02, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »

So I have tried to find an answer searching thru google, books, etc and can't seem to find the right answer. Every night I try to meditate to relax and open my chakras. Normally all I see are swirls of colors depending on what chakra I am trying to work on. I rarely have a vision of places, people,etc. That being said I have two questions, Is that normal not to see a field or different places when in meditation? My second question I have worked on my concentration and expanding my knowledge on meditation but I can't seem to get a hold of my gate keeper at all. Is that normal? Any help greatly appreciate or books I might be interested to read that might help.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
Re: visions during meditation....
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »

Gate Keeper? Ain't got one, personally. I also don't always work the chakras during meditations...in fact, I RARELY do.

To me, meditation is a state of ....regeneration and reflection or the doorway to Astral. It may not be the same for everyone, and I'd be very surprised if it was. Since meditation is the sphere of the subconscious mind, and everyone's minds are different, what you experience isn't going to be like what someone else does. I don't usually see fields during meditation; I usually see a forest. That's me, and probably because I am more comfortable in a forest on some mountain than anywhere else. When I see other vistas, it's because I have something to learn.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »

I guess I don't have a gatekeeper either or else I have never tried to venture someplace on the Astral where a gatekeeper would be invoked.  I also do not always work with the chakras during meditation.  Most often, my meditations are a journey and involve paths and forests and caves and streams.  Perhaps a guided meditation involving whatever "place" you want to visualize would help. 
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

TXangel86

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »

I had read in a book and several sites that for beginner meditators it is best to speak to your gate keeper to protect you from intruders in the trance or state. Now when I do my regular daily meditations just bc ones I still see no picture of any kind "place" just swirls of colors. Hmm maybe my astral world is swirls.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »

Hmm, that sounds more like a Guardian to me.  Perhaps you should start your meditations by asking your Guardian to accompany you.  I have faith that mine is always there should I need him.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

TXangel86

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »

Hmm, that sounds more like a Guardian to me.  Perhaps you should start your meditations by asking your Guardian to accompany you.  I have faith that mine is always there should I need him.

Ahh maybe thats what I am trying to find, maybe I will re-ask next meditation for guardian. Thanks Guys  :)

moonlily

• Mood: content
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Wicca Influence
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »

I figured this was the best place to post this questions since meditation was being discussed.

Lately when I've been doing my meditations, I'll have this thought that comes into my mind and basically plays like a recorder "come with me, set me free"... I don't really realize it until I come out and its stuck in my head... I have tried to figure out what it means, or what the phrase is talking about but I'm at a loss as to where to look anymore... and advice or a similar experience
I walk under the moonlight and through the tides

holyfool

• Spiritual Path: Eclectic as all-get-out
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »

I figured this was the best place to post this questions since meditation was being discussed.

Lately when I've been doing my meditations, I'll have this thought that comes into my mind and basically plays like a recorder "come with me, set me free"... I don't really realize it until I come out and its stuck in my head... I have tried to figure out what it means, or what the phrase is talking about but I'm at a loss as to where to look anymore... and advice or a similar experience
Try chanting it as a mantra?

Nafzib

• Spiritual Path: eclectic pagan
  • "Carbon made only wants to be unmade." - Tori Amos
    • book of spirals
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 11:53:16 PM »

A gatekeeper?  Someone who helps you achieve an altered state of consciousness?  A watcher who scouts for you when you visit dangerous parts of the astral?  I'd like to know too.

There's no standard meditative experience, even with chakras.  My chakras have color, but their vibration is really the more important aspect to me.  And they don't usually stay in place as I raise them; they tend to orbit each other.  It's not usual in accounts I've heard or read, but it's totally normal for me.

It depends on what you mean by "see".  I don't know of anyone who sees in the astral the same way that they see physical matter.  But I've had experiences in the astral that are expressed with an analogue of vision and which leave visual impressions in my neural pathways.  That's what I mean when I say that I "saw" something while journeying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.