Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White light in a dream with madness to follow  (Read 9610 times)

bearusgregoria

White light in a dream with madness to follow
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:25 PM »

a thought cant escape my mind as to the events that occured while i dreamt on the night of august 31st 2012. the following morning i felt euphoric. more euphoric than any drug or adrenaline rush i have experienced up to that time. this state remained for 7 full days straight and on the seventh i awoke to an obsession with the numbers 3, 4, and 5 and thought i knew things that no one other than the creator knew. I have never in my wildest dreams thought this to be true until it seemed little things made it in my mind concrete proof that i in fact may have been touched, given a gift perhaps. as i wrote i really thought i may have been given a mission by the creator. when i was finished writing i was convinced that they were puzzles with codes and such only a person of the clergy may be able to understand....i was wrong i made a fool of myself thinking i was something i wasnt. it got me band from a place that once took me in as family in their small congregation. i was told not to return i scared many not knowing what i did wrong. in the end the madness reached its limit and i therefore got committed.. after which i dug terribly into my mind for an answer.. i found the dream that started me on this journey.. i remember a room i was dreaming about much like the one i slept in and then all of a sudden a bright white comforting light filled the consciosuness of my dream.

it came to be i was diagnosed with bi polar with no real answer clinically as to why i felt as i did why the events unfolded as they had. im going on a limb that perhaps maybe someone here can help me because i have always been interested in the pagan faith and it is a path i want to lead but at the same time im torn because of my roots in the christian faith. the answers i have sought have only led to more madness and more questions it may be a selfish request but i need some real insight as to what may have happened and what i shall do from here. i can only hope that the many members of this site may lead me into the direction i seek because my faith in general is dwindling and my spirit slowly re breaking every moment i breathe i pray hard for your help anything at all will be most helpful
many blessings,
Bear
"Through the depths of madness do you find ultimate brilliance" - Albert Einstein

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
Re: White light in a dream with madness to follow
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »

Unlike many groups in the Christian faith, there are no answers to be given here.  Most pagans believe that we much each find our own answers ... through research, meditation, and interacting with our guides and deities.

No one can tell you what you experienced ... you must find your own truth in that.  If you need help with finding your own answers, perhaps a life coach or counselor could assist you with exercises designed to find those internal truths.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »

I have had somewhat of a similar experience to you. CD is correct that only you can decide what the truth is about your experience. But, you will not find a spiritual experience as a possible diagnosis from most mental health professionals. If you do seek further counseling along those lines to try to sort it out, I suggest looking for someone with a balanced view with some background in spiritual crisis counseling or someone more open to other possibilities, even clergy. Otherwise you will likely get more of the same, i.e., here's some drugs for your condition with little helpful discussion about what it could have been, what led you to that state. I'm not saying don't follow your doctors' advice; only maybe look to have an alternative view point as well.

For me, I have spent the last six years pondering my experience. I come from a scientific background rather than a religious one. I read crap loads of books and articles on all sorts of topics looking for an answer. I read scientific ones that sought to explain the chemical aspects of religious experiences and mental illness, anthropological works on the evolution of the god concept, anecdotal stuff and self help (I found Kundalini Rising very interesting, also After the Ecstasy, the Laundry was helpful), and lots of stuff on paganism and spiritual fiction (Life of Pi, The Alchemist). I found these great people on this forum and I stumbled into shamanism.  I talked the ear off my counselor about it for years. I still can't tell you what it was, but I can tell you it wasn't manic depression in my case though they thought it might have been. But I have been forever changed and now I have come to accept what happened. It takes time to come to grips with such a mind blowing and traumatic experience as you have had. I remember feeling like I wanted an explanation and right away-- it really tore at my gut. But it is OK; in time you will get to your truth. What I found most interesting as I researched away was the commonalities between my experience and those of others-- your story is another reminder. I was not alone and neither are you. Surround yourself with people who love and support you, listen to your heart, and give yourself time.

I hope something in what I have said is somehow comforting.

Blessings, EM
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

bearusgregoria

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 01:46:42 AM »

thanks em your post gave me a lil bit of closure knowing that its not an unfounded experience i forgot to mention that a year prior on the full moon in OC maryland on a beach i took part in something i didnt understand and asked a question or wish rather in hopes that spirit/ the divine may be of some help. almost precisely a yr later my journey started with that light in my dream. i cant help but believe that the ritual had worked and that my request caught the attention of something in spirit. i am a firm believer of the gods and the one whom created all of existence. i had a local reading done and the psychic told me i was contacted by "the team" im not sure what it means maybe im missing something....
many blessings,
Bear
"Through the depths of madness do you find ultimate brilliance" - Albert Einstein

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:28:50 AM »

I'm not sure what you took part in on the beach, but our guides and their messages are all around us though it's not all total clarity-- most of us operate in sort of a fog with only snatches of insight here and there so I think we all feel like we are missing something a lot of the time. The problem is when you go through an experience when you feel like you have had that clarity and connection to spirit (in shamanism it is called eagle mind)--and I do think it can make you mad when it happens spontaneously-- it is really arduous to go back to your usual mindset. The fog is so much more apparent and the lack of clarity is painful. You may be feeling some of that, even if it your experience was only the result of being bipolar. I've known some bipolar folks and the rush of the manic phase and the rush of a spiritual experience, and the let down after, seem similar though the manic phase is usually accompanied by irritability, from what I know. Even if you aren't bipolar, the trauma of going through what you went through could make you feel that way. However, if that psychic was not a fake and "the team" is real and had a message for you, the answer will unfold if you are open to it. If you are interested in paganism, reading whatever sparks your interest may help. You may find yourself picking up books and having something the author says zing for you and having it lead to other zings in other books or experiences. If your experience was all due to the chemical imbalance in your brain associated with bipolarism then you will likely experience the swings of the highs and lows again in due time-- your body will prove to you if that diagnosis is correct. It's a good idea to read up on that disease as well; it will give you insight into what your experience was or wasn't and really the brain is so fascinating. All you can really do now is wait and see, follow your heart, listen to your body and your doctors' recommendations, pray for guidance and trust you will be led where you need to go. Again, not sure I have helped. I sense you are seeking for someone to say that what you experienced could have been the touch of the divine. It could have as well as it could have been bipolarism manifesting. So I'll ask you the rhetorical question: What does your heart tell you it was?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

bearusgregoria

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 04:06:40 PM »

EM my heart tells me that for whatever reason i have indeed been tapped, or so it seems. i feel that i have a duty to investigate the unknown and be embraced by it. i have felt for sometime that im drawn to this that i need to do something in my life. something i cant explain. and my curiosity on the subject drives me mad. however im taking steps to ascertain the truth. i will accept nothing less than the truth and im convinced that this occurence has nothing to do with bi polar because i asked my mental health team if other people have witnessed a light in their dream before an episode and they told me that out of body experiences are common for a manic episode yet they couldnt explain the light i saw in my dream when i dug that far inot my mind on that night that changed my life forever. i have done extensive research on the subject to conclude that i may indeed be bi polar or whatever yet im still haunted by something that i cant explain. im highly intelligent with knowledge and wisdom so im told is well beyond my years i know things that help people yet i cannot help myself. something has to happen EM. i have the courage to take on something a hell of alot bigger than myself. in a way i feel my quest i have felt i need to undertake comes from the creator and until i see otherwise or know of fact otherwise this goal will be my ultimate salvation but how can i succeed without knowing what i may or may not have to do? EM you are a fascinating person and believe me when i say that you are quite possibly the only person i have met so far that has given me a new ideaa as to what has happened and to where i go from here i could talk for hours write pages and pages and it wouldnt be enough. if possible id like to PM you on this perhaps even skype you on it maybe because at this point all i have is ideas not facts and considering you know quite a bit im willing to know your perspective ill tell you the whole story and we will see if you think me crazy or on to something....because im so lost not just in soul but also in mind. Shaman i beg for your help on this matter to which youve given me more than the rest thus far....
many blessings,
Bear

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 08:01:43 PM »

Bear, I don't know much... all I can tell you is about my experience and what I think I have learned about it. You can PM me if you like. I am pretty busy due to the season but will do my best to listen and respond. Two years after my experience, I sought to write it all out in a novella form and I had exact recall of just about every detail and everything that was said though I was fuzzy on the order of certain events. I got about 35 pages into and then eventually lost interest. I think it worked itself out of me, which was good. Writing about your experience may help you process it. I never was one to journal but I do think it helped as they say it does.

shadowewolf

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »

Try some guided meditations. even if the Light was a byproduct of being Bi-polar your subconscious mind can provide that answer during the meditations. there are some really good ones on amazon.com as mp3 files for cheap. some you're expected to follow the whole time and others give you a few minutes to simply receive messages from spirit

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 10:42:14 AM »

FYI, a white light preceded my experience also. Interesting...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.