Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love is complicated...  (Read 6280 times)

Quotensilence

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
Love is complicated...
« on: June 12, 2010, 05:39:09 AM »

I know that I'm one of the youngest here. A lot of you are married, have children, and are successful. I'm still in college and and have the world at my fingertips. But I think I have a serious problem....I think my heart has completely fallen for 2 guys. I'm dating one, and somehow while I wasn't looking this other guy stole my heart from me and swept me away.
I love my boyfriend deeply, but my need and curiosity to meet people, and grow has left myself vulnerable to others. And now I'm falling for 2 guys. The other guy knows I'm in a relationship and he respects it 100%. But we both know that this thing between us is very strong. We've even been throwing around the idea of living together. I'm so confused, this has never and in a million year I never dreamed this could happen to me. And I'm so scared of hurting both of them and myself. PLEASE HELP.....
You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Someday I hope you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
Re: Love is complicated...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:49:16 AM »

I don't think your situation is uncommon, especially for your age. The best advice is can give is to be honest with your boyfriend about your feelings for your friend. He will be hurt, but he'll be hurt worse if you try to hide it. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but I took it to mean, you and friend were going to share housing under the pretense of a platonic relationship. That's a recipe for disaster, sweetie, to brush your feelings under the rug and pretend that you and this friend can live together without having it lead to anything. You just have to be brave and bluntly honest. It sucks to hurt people but honesty is always the best policy. 
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »

It will lead to something, believe me. I was young once, too. Hormones rule when you're in your twenties.
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:09:45 PM »

Yep, hormones are still very crazy when you're in your 20s.  And from a biological sense, the first 2 years or so of any relationship is more pheromones and worrying about making a good impression than anything else.  You need to decide if you want to date both fellas or be exclusive with one.  Either way, you need to be honest with youself and both of these guys.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »

I only have this advice, the type of person that you think that you ought to fall in love with is often not the person the heart choses.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

AmberRaven

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »

Vordan is right.  sometimes the heart choses who the heart chooses. :squeezes:

Schizophrenia: We are an army of two.... or more

Dragonfhain

• Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 08:48:09 AM »

This may not help at all, but if I were in your position, I'd try to sit down and figure out exactly how I felt toward both guys. Sometimes a very close friendship can be mistaken for a crush (I've had that problem a lot lately! Sometimes being young is just plain frustrating) and love comes in many different sizes. I'm not saying it's not possible to love both guys romantically, but it's possible you're confusing romantic love and brotherly love or something for one of them.

But I agree with Earthmuffin that you should definitely be honest with both of them. Otherwise things could get really bad really quickly.
Courage of the simple folk can move a man to tears,
Or give him strength to face a foe and conquer all his fears.
~Mercedes Lackey, "The Colddrake"

Quotensilence

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »

Haha it's been awhile since I commented on this post, but I wanted to wait and see what life would give me. To make a very long and tear filled  story short, I hae decided that I am going to be single for awhile. My ex Stuart and I are very much in love with each other, and both acknowledged the fact that this break will tell us what we need to know. Our hope is that it will either open up new doors for each of us, or it will tell us just how much we want to be together. After all this I decided that I don't think (at least for awhile) that I want any men in my life. I'm ready to do my own thing, be my own woman. I'm ready to get on my feet and conquer the world.
Stuart and I realized this quote:

If you love something let it go. If it comes back then it was always yours, if it doesn't then it never was

describes our relationship perfectly. So that's the decision we made. I have some dreams and ideas that I want to fulfill and I think now I have the strength and will to do it. This will be a good thing I think.
You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Someday I hope you'll join us, and the world will live as one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.