Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 8402 times)

Scott C.

• Validating
Quick question
« on: October 14, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »

:brickwall:  What do you do if you find out you've gotten into a group that messed with something that shouldn't have been messed with. I've looked at Issac Bonwitts sight and it's very good but it doesn't cover what happens if you find out you may have made a mistake after you get in. I'm not out to get anybody in trouble this has caused me allot of grief. I found out that I may have gotten into something that's over my head just by joining the group. Thank you for any input in this matter

Fox

• Technical Admin and Board Mama
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :coffee:
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Pagan
    • Journey of a Wild Spirit
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »

Honestly, without a bit more understanding of the circumstances, it is impossible to advise you in any way.
PMS ... just kill something and have some chocolate, then you'll feel better. - Crystal Dragon

Journey of a Wild Spirit - My Blog

Zlat

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »

Yeah... what kind of something? How do you feel it's out of your league? As in, you jumped into the deep end without any floaties? Or as in, you all decided to get a pointy stick and poke something with a lot of huge claws and teeth?

diniesaur

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Something to do with Set and possibly Bast
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:16 PM »

Yeah... what kind of something? How do you feel it's out of your league? As in, you jumped into the deep end without any floaties? Or as in, you all decided to get a pointy stick and poke something with a lot of huge claws and teeth?
:laughfit:

In all seriousness, I'm no expert, but even I know you need to give us some more details. If you don't feel comfortable about broadcasting it on the forums, maybe you can pm one of the moderators about it. They seem to know a lot about stuff like that.

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »

First and immediate thought that comes to mind is "If the group is going to get itself deeper into trouble, consider leaving the group." Because you referenced Isaac Bonewits, I'm going to guess that your problem is metaphysical, and if the group is going to continue messing with stuff that it shouldn't, getting yourself away from Ground Zero and separate yourself energetically from them might be a place to consider starting. Then work on shielding yourself and figuring out how to mitigate your contributions to the issue.

Just my $0.02.
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

Zlat

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »

Bonewits  :whistle: Is that supposed to bring about the idea of that Isaac being a bonehead (as in sarcastic humor)?

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »

That's how his name is spelled...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Bonewits
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

Wookie8662

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic solitary
  • Walking Carpet
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 01:08:40 AM »

I think the Bonewits referral is about the ABCDEF test.
http://www.neopagan.net/ABCDEF.html

Though, your details were a bit sketchy, so we are playing the guessing game at the moment....
“One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.” - Lewis Carroll

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 10:47:13 PM »

Having recently encountered an individual being plagued by something he got into metaphysically that he shouldn't have, I would advise you to get out of the group quick and contact a local member of clergy.  That is just my gut reaction to your inquiry - it would be good to know a little more.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.