Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its time I got somewhere.  (Read 35677 times)

Belmont2500

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Solitary Eclectic Pagan
Re: Its time I got somewhere.
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »

I have returned. But for whatever reason, it seems like I have fallen back to square one. I tried outdoor meditation yesterday(or at least tried to) but it doesn't seem to have done much. It just feels like I've lost any form of progress I had made.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:31:50 AM by Belmont2500 »
“Some people say they love animals and yet harm them nonetheless; I'm glad those people don't love me.” - Marc Bekoff

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »

I think we all have days like that, no matter how experienced. Your body and mind goes through cycles and you will have days when your mind is scattered or you feel off-balance. Tomorrow is another day and maybe you will feel differently.  ()
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 06:13:33 PM »

I still think that you are approaching these exercising with some expectation.  Try doing something fun that involves the outdoors and I think you may have a different result.  I go hiking because I love it, sometimes, I have spiritual experiences while doing so.  Besides, I don't thing that developing spiritually is a linear process.  Everything you learn or experience along the way is valuable, even if it doesn't appear so at the time.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Belmont2500

• Apprentice
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »

Maybe so. I've signed up for a few courses at Witch School International, so hopefully those will help.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:45:16 PM by Belmont2500 »
“Some people say they love animals and yet harm them nonetheless; I'm glad those people don't love me.” - Marc Bekoff

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »

You have a place here if you want one Belmont. Only you can tell if this is the appropriate path for you. Having said that, I think is important to recognize that seeking becomes finding when you let go of the seeking to some extent. Whenever I let go of a need to control the results and the outcome that is when I make the most progress and find the most contentment.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »

You have a place here if you want one Belmont. Only you can tell if this is the appropriate path for you. Having said that, I think is important to recognize that seeking becomes finding when you let go of the seeking to some extent. Whenever I let go of a need to control the results and the outcome that is when I make the most progress and find the most contentment.
:yeahthat:
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »

Kind of building off EM's post - when you let go of the preconceptions you have about "how things should be" you sometimes will find that "how things are" is a lot more interesting and valuable. Maybe focus less on the signs you *think* should be there, and look at the messages in the ones that are with you in the moment. It may be that that's a lesson that needs to be learned before you can go on to the rest of what you're looking for.
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

Belmont2500

• Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »

I've tried letting go many times, then again maybe I didn't try hard enough.

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2012, 09:56:03 AM »

On the contrary, I think you are trying too hard.  ()

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »

On the contrary, I think you are trying too hard.

Yeah that!
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

Belmont2500

• Apprentice
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2012, 09:09:27 PM »

I still think that you are approaching these exercising with some expectation.  Try doing something fun that involves the outdoors and I think you may have a different result.  I go hiking because I love it, sometimes, I have spiritual experiences while doing so.  Besides, I don't think that developing spiritually is a linear process.  Everything you learn or experience along the way is valuable, even if it doesn't appear so at the time.

Thank you. I'll try and remember that. I can't hike much since I live on an island, but I enjoy it too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:31:56 PM by Belmont2500 »

Belmont2500

• Apprentice
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 07:41:08 AM »

Two nights ago, something odd happened.

While I was asleep. I felt Paresthesia(AKA the pins and needles feeling) that I would usually get while meditating, as well as a pull and my body temperature dropped. I know these are the first stages of Astral Projection, are they not? I really wnated to see where it would take me and what I would experiance. But with my inexperiance, it wasn't a good idea so I reluctantly awoke, cutting off any sense of AP that was happening. I was astounded and recorded it in my journel shortly afterword.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »

To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a body temp drop during AP. Of course, I have never been monitored, so I may be wrong. I usually don't feel any pull when leaving my body, either...only when it is time for me to return to it. Since I am the one choosing to leave the physical, I normally feel a floating, dis-located sense of self.

Belmont2500

• Apprentice
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »

From what I've read, a drop in body temp. is common when Astral Projecting.

Here's a video with some info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms_1fCp-ruw&feature=plcp
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.