Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request regarding choice of gender when registering  (Read 10819 times)

Nafzib

• Spiritual Path: eclectic pagan
  • "Carbon made only wants to be unmade." - Tori Amos
    • book of spirals
Request regarding choice of gender when registering
« on: July 31, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »

Hello.  When I was asked for my gender during registration, I chose male because that is my sex.  However, I am genderqueer, so this isn't accurate.  I'd like to respectfully submit that you allow an "Other" option when choosing gender.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
Re: Request regarding choice of gender when registering
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »

We don't write the software, and the options available are all that there is.  If you feel strongly about it, you should talk to the software developer. ;)
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »

There is not much we can do about the software.  If an understanding of your gender is important to you, it might be a good idea to introduce yourself in the Introductions section.   I am not very "cool" and have no idea what genderqueer means and would like to understand from your perspective.  For future reference, I would say to choose based on which dressing room you would use when trying on clothing at the department store.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:47:35 PM by dragonspring »
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Nafzib

• Spiritual Path: eclectic pagan
  • "Carbon made only wants to be unmade." - Tori Amos
    • book of spirals
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »

Understood.  I just wanted to ask in case it was possible because I've seen similar (but obviously not identical) forum software that allows an "other" option.  Thanks for the idea about talking to the software designer - that would probably clear the issue at lots of different sites.

Genderqueer (sometimes also genderfluid) means that I feel that my energy expresses more than one gender.  Parts of my energy resonate with being male, others with being female, and still others with otherness or alien gender.  Although I'm incarnate in a male body with male equipment and am happy with this physical expression, I still don't think of myself as a "male" being - especially not when I invoke a female or non-gendered deity.  We had a laugh about it at a local Beltane ritual this year.  The speaker told the males to take one direction around the maypole and the females another.  A couple of us genderqueers started spinning in place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.