Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about dragon spirits  (Read 12892 times)

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Mesopotamian reconstructionist, hedge witch
Question about dragon spirits
« on: August 10, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »

So, just to give a little background on me to better understand where I'm at in my practices...I'm a hedge witch and have been practicing in depth spirit work for about 11 years now.  About a month ago, I had an extremely intense "travelling" experience while sleeping.  It was not a vivid dream, I most certainly was travelling.  While this experience wasn't wholly voluntary, I didn't really feel like I was going against my own will either.  I started out in what seemed like an extremely large underground cavern.  I was approached by a young girl, she appeared to be about 6 years old.  There were many other children and they were playing together, but she is the only one who interacted with me.  The others acted as if we weren't even there.  She seemed to be waiting for someone/something and asked me to wait with her.  We played together for a little while then sat next to this lake that was there.  I kept asking her what she was waiting for, but she wouldn't tell me.  Eventually, this large dragon(at least 15 feet tall, four legs, very sleek/not bulky, a deep purplish black color) descended before us.  This is who the small girl had been waiting for.  He took a human form before approaching us and this is when I realized that the girl, and all the other children, were also dragon spirits.  I have never before encountered a dragon spirit, so this was completely new to me.  He hugged the girl (he came off as an older brother or maybe a father figure) and the two of them climbed up into what looked something like a wooden sleigh (it was just the sleigh, there was nothing pulling it) and the little girl asked me to join them.  Normally, this isn't something I would do with a spirit I am unfamiliar with, but I felt an odd sense of comfort with them.  So, I joined them and we traveled across the skies of many different lands (some of which I recognized from previous work I've done).  We eventually came to rest in one of them, an open, hilly field with a few trees here and there.  The little girl went off on her own somewhere.  However, things between me and the male got...very sexual.  It was completely voluntary.  I don't want to be graphic, so I'll leave it at that.  Never once did he speak, not to me or the girl, though she seemed to know what he was thinking at all times.

After this encounter, I asked my spirit familiar to see if it could find out what it was all about.  It was unable to uncover any information though.  I had this traveling experience a second time, about two weeks ago.  It was exactly the same, of course, though the girl was there again to wait with me.  I asked if she knew what it was the male wanted from/with me.  She told me that he would reveal his intentions when he was ready, but that I shouldn't worry.  After the second encounter, which was also very sexual, I began finding small "gifts" (one such gift was a flower growing, out of season, outside my door), which my spirit friends told me were from the male dragon.  I had also been feeling sick/under the weather before the second encounter, but felt MUCH better afterwards.

I've tried finding information about these spirits online, but none of them seem to explain any actual encounters with them.  I've spoken with some friends, one of which works with dragon spirits and she said that she often offers them sexual energy.  However, that was the extent of the information I was able to gather.  From what I can tell, these encounter will continue, but I don't know when or why.  I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some insight or if anyone has any thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:53:09 AM by Shalandriel »

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: Question about dragon spirits
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »

I have found that dragon energy is highly passionate in all things, so I am not surprised about the sexual nature of your encounter.  However, there is one aspect of your story that strikes me.  I find it odd that you do not understand what the dragon wants - subtlety is not a behavior that I have found dragons to engage in.  You don't really say how the encounters make you feel, beyond feeling comfortable.  I would think that the answers you seek are in your own feelings and circumstances: before, during, and after the encounters.  Spiritual experiences and awakenings do not occur in a vacuum - there are usually life events and emotions that spur them along.  Having said that, I will offer some observations that may or may not apply.

First, underground caverns and underground lakes are symbols of looking within and universal consciousness respectively.  It has been my experience that travel to these places usually results in communication with the Divine.  To me, the little girl seems to be a spirit guide, introducing you to the dragon and when you are feeling comfortable, leaving the two of you to your own devices.  The male dragon may be a guardian since he seems fatherly towards the child dragons or he may be another spirit guide.  I would lean towards the former though.  Due to the sexual nature of your encounters - he may also represent a part of yourself needing to be recognized or a soul mate.  Really hard to say with any certainty without knowing you better.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »

Well, I've had extensive experience with spirits, so I'm usually pretty good at figuring out what it is they expect/want from me/why they're there.  Mostly I'm confused because they haven't asked for anything yet, though like I've said, I've received "gifts" from them.  Not even a month before this first happened, I sealed my relationship with my spirit familiar (in the form of an alraun).  My familiar, which is an underworld spirit and especially good at communicating/dealing with other spirits, has suggested that perhaps it was the finalizing of our bond that opened me up to these other spirits.

It's possible that one or both of them is a guide or guardian.  I've never had one that I am aware of, so I wouldn't really know what to expect such an experience to be like.  All the spirits I've ever worked with are ones that I have personally sought out.  I forgot to mention that I did try reaching out to the two spirits after the first encounter, but with no luck.  During the second encounter, I asked the girl why I had been unable to contact them and she said it was because they were very busy, but that I shouldn't worry because "he" would come to me again.

After each encounter I felt healthier, refreshed, like I had more energy.  I'm a Babylonian recon. and my personal deity is Ishtar, so sexuality isn't an issue for me.  Looking at my inner self/darker half/flaws and whatnot has always been an active part of my practices, so I doubt that's what this represents.  After these encounters began, I decided to do some research into Sumerian/Babylonian beliefs on the topic of dragons since I am a reconstructionist.  I found that the Sumerians believe that the first dragon to exist was named Kur and that the underworld was actually a manifestation of him.  There are also pictures of a dragon pulling a chariot with a nude woman between his wings. (depictions of dragons/dragon spirits/dragon gods were fairly common)  In Babylonian myth, it is suggested that Kur may even have been brother to Ereshkigal (Queen of the underworld).  Not too long before these travels started, I also began working to learn/understand Ereshkigals mysteries, so I'm also speculating that this may perhaps be a part of that.  Just a few thoughts.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »

:D  Very interesting.  I would say that your recent studies and bonding with your spirit familiar have contributed to the appearance of the dragons - pretty sure you will figure out the why soon.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 03:05:36 AM »

So, I just experienced another encounter with these same two spirits.  It was so intense that I just couldn't go back to sleep, so I figured I'd come and share it here while it's still fresh in my mind.  It started out in the same area as the other two, though the male spirit was already waiting for me this time.  The girl was with him.  I went with them in their chariot/sleigh thing, though we ended in a different place this time.  There were more trees, but it wasn't thick like a forest, more like a grove.  The girl ran off and the two of us were left alone.  Normally, this is where things have become heated.  However, nothing like that happened and he actually spoke to me! (first time)  He said "I believe you made the right decision."  It seemed like such a strange thing to say, and since I didn't know exactly what he was talking about, I asked him to clarify.  I half expected him not to answer, but he did.  This past week, me and my husband found a stray kitten.  He was a really sweet thing and both our cats took an instant liking to him (they're both females).  We wanted to keep him, but we have a fairly small apartment and just didn't feel there was enough room for another pet.  However, a friend of ours happily took him in.  Anyways, the spirit told me that it was this decision that he agreed with.  He also implied that he had a hand in guiding the animal to us.  He asked me how I'd been feeling lately. (physically)  I was pretty sick one day, from drinking too much the previous night.  He just kind of laughed.  Other than that, I've been feeling well, which pleased him.  We walked in together for a little while, but he didn't say anything else until he, and the girl, returned me.  Before he left/I woke up, he told me that he would visit me again soon.

So, it seems that he sent me some sort of test with the kitten?  Is this common/normal from these spirits?  He didn't explain the point of the test, so any thought on that or any other aspects of this travel?

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:58:19 AM »

I don't think that tests are uncommon with any sort of guardian or guide.  Usually, the purpose of such tests are to teach us something or to prompt us to listen to our inner voice.  I would look at how you came to the decision you did regarding the kitten.
Blessings,
dragon

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »

I practice neoshamanism a la Michael Harner. The encounters you describe with this spirit sound very much like what I learned about spirit mates. The spirit mate is basically your mate on the spiritual plane. Some have problems accepting it because of worries that it might threaten your ordinary world relationships, but it really does not. The purpose of the relationship is to further spiritual learning, healing and engender greater creativity. They are basically just a type of guide.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »

Muffin! Where have you been?  ()
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »

I've never heard of a "spirit mate" before.  I'm starting to feel that the girl is a sort of guardian, as she is simply always there to wait with me, though she could simply be attached to the other spirit and not me in particular.  I've come to believe that the male is a guide though.  The fact that he sent me a test just backed that up.

I plan on doing some trance work tonight in order to reflect on the test and my experiences.  So, hopefully I'll learn something more.

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »

Muffin! Where have you been?  ()

I've not been feeling well so mostly just lurk from time to time these days. Have missed you all though. ()

I've never heard of a "spirit mate" before.  I'm starting to feel that the girl is a sort of guardian, as she is simply always there to wait with me, though she could simply be attached to the other spirit and not me in particular.  I've come to believe that the male is a guide though.  The fact that he sent me a test just backed that up.

I plan on doing some trance work tonight in order to reflect on the test and my experiences.  So, hopefully I'll learn something more.

If you google spirit mate in shamanism, you'll get some wikipedia type general references to spirit mates and one book entirely on the subject. When I learned about it from my teacher, we were told to expect the type of intimate interactions that you describe as being characteristic of the first meetings with the spirit mate. I think that later that the relationship may tend to develop into a procreative one with spiritual offspring representative of certain otherworld or spiritual accomplishments. That's my limited understanding anyway. I met my spirit mate a few times but have not worked much with him because of time constraints to my practices. I  am much less experienced than you though and think it is pretty neat that you have reached a level where you naturally journey while sleeping. If I could get to that point, I'd have a lot more time for journeying, lol!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

FairyQueen

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Unitarian Universalist Pagan Witch
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 10:30:56 AM »

I practice neoshamanism a la Michael Harner.

Whenever a book or a person is mentioned in these threads I instantly google them. I found it interesting that Michael Harner just released (April this year) a new book called Caves and Cosmos: Shamanic Encounters with Another Reality and Shalandriel mentioned all of the encounters start in caves!

Doubt my observations are any help...not that you all seem to need it with as Astral-ly Awesome as you all are.  :D

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »

Can't say I've ever even heard of Michael Harner until now.  It was actually only recently that I began referring to myself as a hedge witch.  I've been doing this stuff for a long time, but it's been mostly self-taught with a bit of guidance from experienced friends.  I'll look him up and if I think it might help me better understand this current situation, I might buy his book when I've got the extra cash.

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »

I've tried to journey, done many guided meditations and unguided ones. I can visualize what people say who have done the guiding, but that's as far as it goes. Whenever they say "what is he/she saying" or some such, I get nothing. Just like when I meditate on a God or Goddess. I have never heard anything, not a peep, squeak or click. The only time I felt something unmistakable, is when Lilith's energy entered me. That was definitely real, and DS felt it too, so I know I'm not crazy.

I'm as psychic as a rock, I'm afraid.  :rolleye:

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »

I was much the same when I started.  However, my problem was more that I was too easily distracted, making simple meditation pretty much impossible.  I can achieve an altered state through meditation now, but I still prefer other methods.

FairyQueen

• Journeyman
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »

...I was too easily distracted, making simple meditation pretty much impossible.....

This is soooo me!

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 10:47:33 PM »

Have you ever tried an active method of getting into trance, such as dance?

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 08:57:48 AM »

I haven't. I wouldn't be caught dead dancing.

FairyQueen

• Journeyman
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »

Knowing my clumsiness and coordination (which I admit is getting better since I started belly dance), I think that would be hazardous to people and property.

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »

I'd look like a spastic chicken.  :D

Shalandriel

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

So, I had another travelling experience last night where I met with the two spirits again.  The girl revealed to me that she is, in fact, a guide.  She told me that she is mainly there to help guide me through the relationship with the other spirit.  She told me that he is also a guide and guardian, and that he is there to reveal deeper "mysteries" to me.  Apparently, I am about to begin a very important part of my spiritual and religious journey and they are supposed to help me with that.  The male spirit essentially repeated/confirmed this.  He also told me that the next time they came to me, would be when that journey would begin.

I'm not really sure what sort of journey this is going to be, but it will be interesting to find out.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »

Cool!   :D
Blessings,
dragon

earthmuffin

• Global Moderator
  • Mood:
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 09:02:19 PM »

OldMan

• Mood: happy
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 08:49:34 AM »

You are in for an experience of a lifetime.Go into it with open arms.
Just a silly old man who knows nothing and has everything to learn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 24 queries.