Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Pagan' biker group  (Read 6336 times)

anubisa

• Journeyman
  • Mood: okay
  • Spiritual Path: Egyptian Wiccan
  • Egyptian Wiccan
'Pagan' biker group
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »

Hey everyone,

You are probably going to say that I have been watching too much gangland or too much tv...but I watched an episode of gangland yesterday about these guys called 'the pagans.' No they don't have our values or morals or believe the same things we do. I just think it is ridiculous that these guys are allowed to call themselves 'pagans' when they aren't. However, you won't see me go off and try to confront them. You know?
Anubisa
One day you will face him and he will weigh your soul. Only then will you see yourself for what you truly are.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: 'Pagan' biker group
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »

While I agree that this group probably did not select their name based on their religious choice, I have to point out that you are assuming that all Pagans hold the same values and morals.  That is really very far from the truth.  For example, many Nazis hold distinctly pagan beliefs.  I certainly don't agree with how they apply their beliefs but that doesn't mean they aren't pagans.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Eternal Seeker

• Wisest of Them All
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: through the spiritual garden
    • CUUmbaya
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 09:36:39 AM »

The Pagan biker gang is one of the oldest such gangs, and dates back before anyone in mainstream America was even aware that any actual Pagan religions still existed- it was commonly believed they had gone the way of ancient Rome. They chose the name "Pagan" only for the negative connotations, to boast of being bad boys like the Hell's Angels. I'm sure that if they had realized that the word "pagan" would ever be associated with real religions, they'd have picked something else.

peace,
ES
This message composed of 100% recycled electrons

Moonblade

• Apprentice
  • Spiritual Path: Knowledge Seeker
  • Dream Chaser
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:30:19 AM »

I didn't even know there was a biker gang called 'the pagans', huh, you learn something new everyday. DS is right, though. Whatever their beliefs, if they don't match yours, it doesn't mean they aren't pagan.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams." -Thoreau

anubisa

• Journeyman
  • Mood: okay
  • Spiritual Path: Egyptian Wiccan
  • Egyptian Wiccan
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:57:23 AM »

I agree. It's just hard to believe that these guys exist...well I guess it isn't, but I guess I should realize that not all people are going to have my morals and ethics. And yeah, you learn something knew every day.
Anubisa
One day you will face him and he will weigh your soul. Only then will you see yourself for what you truly are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.