Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Draconic Wicca  (Read 14877 times)

TheGuardian3

• Spiritual Path: Solitary Eclectic Wiccan
  • My Goddess Phoenix tattoo (Feb. 12, 2011)
    • Book of Shadows
Draconic Wicca
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:30:28 PM »

I have just recently stepped upon the path of Draconic Wicca (a combination of Wicca and Dragon Magick). There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on it. I've been gathering as much as I can from what I find and have even written two basic rituals. One for day and one for night. I've had a fascination with dragons since I was a young child (about 5 or 6 years old). I have great respect for them, therefore, I don't fear them. I was wondering if anyone else had any information on Draconic Wicca?
May Goddess bless the pen in my hand and words upon my page. )O(

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
Re: Draconic Wicca
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »

It's a construct of DJ Conway.

A lot of us here work with Dragons and dragon energy. Conway's version of Wicca doesn't have the corner on that, and there is actually a lot more information on dragon energy if you leave out the wicca bit.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

TheGuardian3

• Spiritual Path: Solitary Eclectic Wiccan
  • My Goddess Phoenix tattoo (Feb. 12, 2011)
    • Book of Shadows
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »

You assume that I'm new to this fact, which I'm not. I own both of D.J. Conway's Dragon Magick books. I don't want to keep Dragon Magick and my spiritual path separate which is the reason for why I'm combining the two.
May Goddess bless the pen in my hand and words upon my page. )O(

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »

I think Bron meant you will find more info. on dragon energy if you just search for that more generally and not limit your searches to Draconic Wicca. It is perfectly fine to combine the two.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:33 PM »

I think Bron meant you will find more info. on dragon energy if you just search for that more generally and not limit your searches to Draconic Wicca. It is perfectly fine to combine the two.
Basically, yes. But the term "Draconic Wicca" was coined by Conway.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:20:29 AM »

Humans seem to have a compelling need to label everything.  If someone wants to call their practice Draconic Wicca, that's fine with me. The Dragons could care less, I am sure.  And yes, I have a Dragon guide who smacks me upside the head from time to time when he thinks I am not listening to his Wisdom.

I have DJ Conways Celtic Dragon Tarot and love it.  However, I have not been overly impressed with her books.  I agree that you will probably find more diverse information to incorporate into your own practice if you search for dragon magic or dragon energy. I would also recommend that you look into folk tales and mythology to develop your own understanding of Dragons.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Mikiah

• Validating
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 02:47:16 AM »

Hello. As I was reading, I noticed Dragon Spring mention something.

"Humans seem to have a compelling need to label everything.  If someone wants to call their practice Draconic Wicca, that's fine with me. The Dragons could care less, I am sure.  And yes, I have a Dragon guide who smacks me upside the head from time to time when he thinks I am not listening to his Wisdom."

You bear a dragon within you I see. May we talk more? I have a question. Message me please. I am unable to access your page.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »

I am not sure that you will be able to send PMs until your account validates.  I think you need to have 5 posts or so to become validated.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

FollowerofOdin

• Mood: Happy
  • Spiritual Path: Norse Recon
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »

I have no problem with Draconic Wicca and I agree with most on this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.