Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acceptance  (Read 11658 times)

anubisa

• Journeyman
  • Mood: okay
  • Spiritual Path: Egyptian Wiccan
  • Egyptian Wiccan
Acceptance
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »

So on Sunday I was talking to my dad and I can't exactly remember what all we said, but I said that I was no longer Catholic. He asked me if I was agnostic, and I said no. I was definitely not agnostic. He said that he must have not raised us right. I asked, since i'm not catholic? He said yes. I didn't exactly tell him i'm a wiccan, but it upsets me that I have to be catholic to be deemed perfect. My mother knows i'm wiccan, but it would be nice if my father could accept me.
Anubisa
One day you will face him and he will weigh your soul. Only then will you see yourself for what you truly are.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: Acceptance
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »

:grouphug:
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:16:48 PM »

At this point, don't sweat it. Parents have it in their heads that their children MUST hold their core values, or they (the parents) did something wrong. My mother is Catholic. SHe's known for years I am not. My father knew...and although he didn't understand my beliefs, he understood the reasons I walked away from the Catholic church. That angle might be easier for a female to use to explain things, though.

Live your life, and live it with entegrity (is that spelled right?) Show by example that you are a child your father can still be proud of, and he will probably get over the fact you are no longer following his faith.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

VisionFromAfar

• Vanquiser of Foolishness
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood: :raven:
  • Spiritual Path: Under construction.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »

Live your life, and live it with integrity. Show by example that you are a child your father can still be proud of, and he will probably get over the fact you are no longer following his faith.

:yeahthat:

It's never easy, and I can tell you from experience that it will probably never be easy even after you "come out." I still have to bite my tongue a lot around my folks, and I'm "out of the closet" with both of them. They still think it's just a fad.  :crazylaugh: Oh well.

I fix Wolf's spelling. I are gud spellr.  :D
A man listens thus he learns. - Havamal

It takes a Viking to raze a village.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »

:tongueroll:
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

Wolfsrain

• Journeyman
  • Mood: :hanging:
  • Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:03:31 AM »

:squeezes: Bronwyn is right.
"I am certain of nothing, but the Holiness of the Heart's affections and the Truth of the Imagination." -John Keats
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.