Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channeling - Advice Appreciated!  (Read 8996 times)

Angelishia

Channeling - Advice Appreciated!
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:04:26 AM »

Hello~ !

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on channeling? I'm going for a session with my mentor to try it with her help soon and would definitely appreciate any advice or encouragement from some more experienced witches!

Soooooo~ I guess some specific questions:

• Have you ever channeled? How does it come to you?
  • Any advice for being more open to it?
  • Any protection rituals you recommend? (I already have a protection pentagram tattooed on the back of my neck.
  • I'm considering using crystals and making some jewelry to assist with this. Has anyone else used crystals or jewelry to help open themselves?
  • How long did it take for you to successfully channel a deity for the first time? (For those of you who have)
  • Any other words of wisdom you want to share?

Thank you so much in advance, and blessed be!

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
Re: Channeling - Advice Appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 01:51:48 PM »

I believe I once channeled my higher self and/or a spirit guide. It was not intentional though-- it came out of the blue-- and started in the form of automatic writing. Personally, I don't think intentionally channeling another spirit is advisable until a person has built up a large amount of experience in psychic shielding and interacting safely with spirit energies. The effects could be psychologically devastating for the unprepared. I think that channeling your own higher self would be much safer. This can be accomplished through meditation practice or shamanic journeying and would take practice to become more open to it. Automatic writing is a technique that could also be employed with trance work to open a channel to higher self communication.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
Re: Channeling - Advice Appreciated!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 11:07:33 AM »

I would be interested in what the term "channeling" means to you.  If you are speaking of mediumistic channeling, then I have never done that.  I am not sure that I have the capacity for that type of channeling due to the fact that I am very strong-willed.  If you are speaking of "drawing down the moon" or accessing divine energy, I have some experiences.  My experiences have varied depending on the particular entity involved.  I don't recall how long it took to have these experiences - probably 5 years of dabbling with meditation and witchcraft before I had a full-on vision/knowing experience.  I am not a professional witch so my spiritual practice has been tempered with the need to support and raise my family.  Perhaps in your case, it will be quicker.

Like EM, my experiences have not always been intentional.  The most powerful episodes were spontaneous and not really pleasant.  I do think that the years of preparation were helpful in preventing any psychological issues for me.  Typically, a serious episode is preceded by a period of agitation where I have the feeling that there is something I should know but can't figure out what it is.  I tend to be overly emotional leading up the episode as well which is an indicator that I need to make time to "get it". 

And yes, I do have ritual jewelry and other tools that help me get into the mindset for trance work. 

Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.