General Topics > General Chat

What is happening in your life?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Athena:
Such a warm question, DF!

I am renewing my vows to myself tonight. Might sound completely eccentric and crazy, but I have been through a lot lately. And in order to keep things functional on professional front and in family, I kind of forgot to love myself. So tonight, I solemnly begin a life long affair with myself.

At office, things are balanced. Nothing too grand of a success, nothing too scary to drive us off the road. Although I really want it to scale up now.

I have been meaning to learn a lot of things lately - French, Gardening, Working with crystals (that's been on the list for the longest time now), playing violin, etc. But was putting off. Will start now, with crystals first.

vordan:
Walking woods and meadows, working making money, taking pictures, writing poems, petting dogs, loving my wife. I have a pretty quiet life. I listened to a sermon yesterday while walking a fen delivered by a redwing blackbird and the wind about being happy. The other day a waterfall spoke of laughter to me and some flowers talked of hope. I took a seminar on the impermanence of beauty from a butterfly.... So I guess I am taking classes.

DragonsFriend:
I spent the day at the range watching the NW Regional SASS Cowboy Action Competitiuon. Even though I was the range safety officer I had little to do other than a bit of traffic control. The cowboys (and girls) all knew their way around the competition and it was great just watching them shoot and visiting between sets. One old guy caught my eye because it was hard for him to just get around. He was over 70 and he was slow in his walk and definitely showing his age. Then he got up to shoot...

Ten shots from a rifle, ten shots with two pistols and two shots with a shotgun at steel targets at different ranges. He turned in the fastest time of the day without missing a single target! It was like watching Yoda walking slowly with his staff and then exploding into an action hero bounding off the walls and ceiling. When he was done he ambled off the course of fire and returned to being an "old man". What a kick!

Tonight we go to dinner with my son to meet his new girl... this one seems to be special...
It has only been a year since the divorce and my son was blindsided by the divorce and the revelations tha followed. He did not want the divorce and later we found out why his wife did... Oh well, so tonight we meet his new girl. I don't have any expectations but I feel my son does. I can only hope that it is what he needs at this point in his life. I will leave "forever after" to the gods.

anarchistbanjo:
My wife of twenty years, (we were married twice) is currently moving out after I tried to move out last year! Sometimes getting unstuck is more difficult than getting stuck! Neither of us want to hurt the other. After she is gone I will need to find another place to live as well.  I recently finished the uncensored English translation of Hanns Heinz Ewers book "Vampire" from the original German and made it available as a kindle book. I also finished another book "Radical Satanism: The Tantric Path of Divine Counterparts" and made it available as a kindle book. I have also just joined two pagan/Wiccan forums (this is one of them) to reach out to others if like mind and spirt. Other than one other person that lives across the world from me I have no other person to talk with about these things. My workplace seems very stressed and chaotic these days. There are some major changes coming. No one knows what they will be.

DragonsFriend:
Change is the universal constant and if the change is in different directions we have others to travel together with toward the next completion.
20 years is longer than most marriages last and it will take time to get back to who you are now, without your spouse.
Is German your native language or is it English?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version