Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you get motivated?  (Read 6267 times)

Panterabast

how do you get motivated?
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:06:57 PM »

first of all, I am a Libra. and we are LAZY, LAZY, LAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY signs. it gets so bad sometimes that i dont wanna do ANYTHING but just sit on my ass and waste my life surfing the web.

i even casted a spell once to get motivation but it didnt really work. is there anything i could do? any other Libras or other signs that feel this way and found a solution? sometimes i feel like there is no hope for me. there is so many things i want to achieve and do in life but... i have an extremely hard time to find motivation :(

Mongo

• Dungeon Master of Irish Diplomacy
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
    • Mongo's Musings
Re: how do you get motivated?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

First of all, your personality is not defined by your sun sign alone. Just because you're a libra doesn't mean that you are going to be the same as every other libra out there. A full astrological workup is needed to determine the other factors. Things like where the Moon was in the zodiac as well as the rest of the planets.

Trust me if I were like every other virgo I'd be a heck of a lot less cynical and sarcastic than I actually am. I do share traits with other virgos out there...but if you were to base me on my sun sign...you'd think I was lying about when I was born.

Secondly you are sabotaging yourself by holding to the mindset that you are lazy. In your mind you are convinced that you are lazy and so you follow that trend. You want to not be lazy? Make the decision to get up off of your ass and grab life by the short and curlies.

Thirdly, you need to find a calling. You need to find something that you want to do and go and do it. It's like being hungry and there are only three choices as to where to eat. If you're not interested in either of the three choices then you're not going to be hungry or will resort to eating something unhealthy (like grabbing an ice cream). You need to think deep and hard about what you want to do, sweep away any excuse you come up with to not do that thing so you're working with a clean slate, pick yourself up by your boot straps and get out there and do it.
“There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »

:yeahthat:  I think that Mongo has given you some excellent advice on getting motivated.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:04:13 PM »

I've got similar motivation problems but actually have accomplished a fair amount. For me, I think it's the difference between having motivation to do what I "think I should do" versus what I really want to do. So in the end, I try to embrace my laziness a bit more and feel less guilt over what I think I should be doing and just be content to be happy in this moment. Maybe you have something similar going on and need to figure out what is really your heart's longing-- find your calling as Mongo put it. If you follow that, you won't feel lazy.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »

I used to do a simple meditation where I would picture a bee buzzing amongst flowers on a sunny day with the thought lets get buzy. For some reason as silly as it seems it worked for me.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

Moonshine Thistlewish

• Apprentice
  • Tell me true.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57:06 PM »

I'm lazy as well. But I get around this by following a few simple steps.

1.) Get up.
2.) Do something.
3.) Do something else.
4.) Repeat.

Routines can help. Always doing the laundry on Tuesdays and weeding the garden on Mondays or whatever can help you get in the rhythm of doing something every day - that doesn't involve being parked on the computer with a bag of Cheetos. (Or Girl Scout cookies, 'tis the season.)
"While my city sleeps / Where the lurkers creep / Is there still hope for me? / On these haunted streets." -  VooDoo Glow Skulls

Venom

• Mood: Hopeful
  • Spiritual Path: Shadow Shaman
  • Long Shadows Cast
    • Spiderling Supply
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »

Caffeine. Lots of caffeine.

Also, a large amount of daytime fatigue is caused by dehydration.

So. Get some caffeine pills. Take 200mg with a HUGE glass of water. Should fix you right up.
The path of the shaman is not a chosen one.

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 03:15:47 AM »

It is really dangerous to suggest someone take any substance without knowing their medical history.  Caffeine isn't all that great for a healthy person ... to someone with a heart condition 200 mg could be deadly.  It's also a diuretic so even taken with a lot of water, it will just add to any dehydration.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.