Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personal Objects Used in Spells  (Read 31702 times)

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
Re: Personal Objects Used in Spells
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »

We not only have a right, we have an obligation to make sure that what ever information we provide can/will not be used to harm another.  If you hand someone a gun and they kill another person, aren't you also responsible?

No.  A person's actions are their own.

So, the person who hands a weapon to a stranger without even questioning why they want it has zero responsibility?  Sorry, disagree completely.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

Man Yellow

• Apprentice
  • Mood: Normal
  • Spiritual Path: Currently being re-assessed.
  • More Fun Than You Really Wanted
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »

We not only have a right, we have an obligation to make sure that what ever information we provide can/will not be used to harm another.  If you hand someone a gun and they kill another person, aren't you also responsible?

No.  A person's actions are their own.

So, the person who hands a weapon to a stranger without even questioning why they want it has zero responsibility?  Sorry, disagree completely.

From an ethics standpoint, they are guilty of giving a gun to someone they didn't know.

Not the same thing as being ethically responsible for a murder.

On a moral level, this may be different.  They aren't the same thing.

SUPPOSE

Joe Boo knows his brakes are bad.  A child runs into the street, and Joe can't stop, and kills the kid. 

Is he guilty of manslaughter in a legal sense?
Is he guilty of manslaughter in an ethical sense?
Is he guilty of manslaughter in a moral sense?

They aren't the same thing.
Think of this world as a prototype; a flawed and half-complete model for something better, which was later built somewhere else, and for other people.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »

Handing someone a gun who appears to be homicidal is wrong and we all know it.  If we don't know it, then we have different values and there is really no point in continuing to quibble about the difference between legal, ethical, and moral.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Man Yellow

• Apprentice
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2013, 07:02:50 PM »

Handing someone a gun who appears to be homicidal is wrong and we all know it.  If we don't know it, then we have different values and there is really no point in continuing to quibble about the difference between legal, ethical, and moral.

Okay.

Think of this world as a prototype; a flawed and half-complete model for something better, which was later built somewhere else, and for other people.

crystal wolfstar

• Apprentice
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2013, 07:07:29 PM »

So wait.

Crystal Dragon, you can look at voting like handing somebody a gun. A BIG gun.

Whoever gets elected generally ends up getting a lot of people killed. Even in times of peace, there's always more cuts in services and a lot of people suffer and die because of that.

And there is a school of thought that goes if you DON'T vote, what happens is still your fault because you should have voted against the guys who made it happen.

So by this "being responsible for murder if you hand somebody a gun" logic, we're all screwed anyway.

Man Yellow

• Apprentice
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:21 PM »

I'm reasonably certain the conversation has been shut down, CWS.

crystal wolfstar

• Apprentice
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »

Ah. OK.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 07:13:01 PM »

It's not shutdown.  I just think it is pointless.  And yes, I think we are pretty much all screwed.  Some of us just prefer not to be magnets for more screwage.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

Stormjester

• Spiritual Path: Wicca
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »

I think it all comes down to whether a person is going to be responsible for their actions. Some people think that they can escape consequences, like the Rule of Three or karma.

Man Yellow

• Apprentice
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2013, 07:22:36 PM »

I think it all comes down to whether a person is going to be responsible for their actions. Some people think that they can escape consequences, like the Rule of Three or karma.

Hmmm.

Ask Dick Cheney about that.

Man Yellow

• Apprentice
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »

It's not shutdown.  I just think it is pointless.  And yes, I think we are pretty much all screwed.  Some of us just prefer not to be magnets for more screwage.

In CWS's example, that won't help.  I work in the belly of the beast, in the energy industry.  Keeping your head down is precisely the intended goal of the social engineering set forth by such companies.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2013, 07:28:11 PM »

Hmm.  Perhaps we have something in common.  I work with energy savings guarantee projects all the time.

I want to apologize if I gave the impression that the thread was shutdown.  For future reference, closed threads are locked by the staff.  In regards to Dick Cheney, want to point out that we have a policy of no political discussions on this board.  There are a wide range of political stances represented here and political discussions are better left to political boards.
Blessings,
dragon

Man Yellow

• Apprentice
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »

Hmm.  Perhaps we have something in common.  I work with energy savings guarantee projects all the time.

I work with yanking natural gas out of rock substrate.  I'm not actually on the production side, though.

I want to apologize if I gave the impression that the thread was shutdown.  For future reference, closed threads are locked by the staff.  In regards to Dick Cheney, want to point out that we have a policy of no political discussions on this board.  There are a wide range of political stances represented here and political discussions are better left to political boards.

Okay.  I wasn't presenting it as a political point.  Politics are the stupidest thing mankind ever invented.

I was presenting it as an example of karma not functioning.  Unless karma means he gets reincarnated as a dung beetle or a mime or something. Not because he is on one side or the other, the sides are meaningless...But rather on the merits of his behavior as CEO of Halliburton, and then the whole shooting his friend in the face with a shotgun while "hunting" staked-down birds.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »

I have split this topic due to a radical change in subject matter.  The new topic can be found here:

http://www.paganjourneys.com/index.php?topic=2532.0
Blessings,
dragon

Golden Slumber

• One Naked Man
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »

HI!

What I found works reallly well in magicks is hair! I think it may be the act of getting it that focuses your will on the eventual spell but I've not done that many.

There were a couple of wealth rituals I tried that used my own hair, and even they were quite effective!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.