Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get rid of something nasty  (Read 17441 times)

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
Re: How to get rid of something nasty
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »

So, y'all are saying that junk food might lead to getting psychically attacked?

:confused:  Where did anyone say that?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

holyfool

• Spiritual Path: Eclectic as all-get-out
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »

So, y'all are saying that junk food might lead to getting psychically attacked?

:confused:  Where did anyone say that?

General impression.

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »

All that junk food will get you is poor health if you consume enough of it.  And possibly a host of problems from too many GMO products.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

crystal wolfstar

• Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »

Probably because most people who deal with energy on a regular basis don't abuse their bodies to the point where deep physical cleansing is required. ;)

How do you get by?

Here in The Happy Place, that's pretty much the only method to deal.  Bourbon and benzos.  Enemas won't help the results, though.

No, in fact, I'd think that would make everything worse.  Horribly, horribly worse.

Not sure if you're joking or not ... but between my wards and shields, very little gets through on an energetic level.  Aside from that meditation, stress management, herbal supplements when needed, and a healthy diet.  Not into drinking and don't really like fast food so it isn't that tough.

Do you avoid reading the news? Horrible, horrible energy.
There's a lot of horror to be seen just making a trip to the corner store, if you're paying attention.

And cleansing isn't a "thing for people who abuse their bodies", CD. The people I know who are into it are very health conscious. When you look at environmental toxins and what passes for "food" these days, it's actually a pretty good idea.

One can find food that isn't processed and if you don't want to grow your own there are plenty of organics around if you know where to look.  Unless one is in constant contact with something nasty, or is talking on their cell phone for many hours there should be no need for a cleansing diet or colonics if you have a healthy diet.

A lot of that depends on where you live. In a major city you can find organics, health food, vegetarian options, etc. Smaller towns are often food deserts. You might find a little organic produce if you're very lucky. Rural areas? Forget it.

Don't agree with that thought at all. Rural areas? I LOVE shopping rural areas, because I can always find local, in-season goodies that I can eat. You need to know where to look and who to ask.

Most tiny burgs that I see only have a dollar store and a convenience store/gas station. Good luck.
I suppose you COULD rob somebody's corn field if that's your thing, but you're apt to get GMO's and weird chemicals doing that, too.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »

Eating healthy (especially organic) is for those that can afford it. And have it easily available.
Try feeding a family of 3 for two weeks on $100 or less.
Plenty of things like pasta, breaded chicken patties, pizza and canned soup is my experience.

Starbright, I do that every week.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »

Unfortunately, none of us can get away from PCBs and other pervasive manmade environmental toxins, no matter how healthy we eat. :(

Completely, no. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do the best we can about it, and push for stronger protections... like forcing GMOs to be labeled.
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »

Probably because most people who deal with energy on a regular basis don't abuse their bodies to the point where deep physical cleansing is required. ;)

How do you get by?

Here in The Happy Place, that's pretty much the only method to deal.  Bourbon and benzos.  Enemas won't help the results, though.

No, in fact, I'd think that would make everything worse.  Horribly, horribly worse.

Not sure if you're joking or not ... but between my wards and shields, very little gets through on an energetic level.  Aside from that meditation, stress management, herbal supplements when needed, and a healthy diet.  Not into drinking and don't really like fast food so it isn't that tough.

There's a lot of horror to be seen just making a trip to the corner store, if you're paying attention.

And cleansing isn't a "thing for people who abuse their bodies", CD. The people I know who are into it are very health conscious. When you look at environmental toxins and what passes for "food" these days, it's actually a pretty good idea.

One can find food that isn't processed and if you don't want to grow your own there are plenty of organics around if you know where to look.  Unless one is in constant contact with something nasty, or is talking on their cell phone for many hours there should be no need for a cleansing diet or colonics if you have a healthy diet.

A lot of that depends on where you live. In a major city you can find organics, health food, vegetarian options, etc. Smaller towns are often food deserts. You might find a little organic produce if you're very lucky. Rural areas? Forget it.

Don't agree with that thought at all. Rural areas? I LOVE shopping rural areas, because I can always find local, in-season goodies that I can eat. You need to know where to look and who to ask.

Most tiny burgs that I see only have a dollar store and a convenience store/gas station. Good luck.
I suppose you COULD rob somebody's corn field if that's your thing, but you're apt to get GMO's and weird chemicals doing that, too.

Um, NO. I have lived in small towns/villages. You buy local. Most farmers are more than willing to sell local. Most small farmers do NOT use GMOs or weird chemicals, because what they grow is what they eat. I suggest you put in a little more research.

Moonshine Thistlewish

• Apprentice
  • Tell me true.
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »

How do you get by?

Um, NO. I have lived in small towns/villages. You buy local. Most farmers are more than willing to sell local. Most small farmers do NOT use GMOs or weird chemicals, because what they grow is what they eat. I suggest you put in a little more research.

Actually, I was born and raised in a small town, on a pig farm. And the sheer amount of chemical fertilizers and pesticides and GMO that were peddled to my uncles boggled my brain. They bought all sorts of GMO seed to feed to the beef, and didn't care (because what can you do about it?) if it cross-pollinated with other crops meant for people. It's buy the subsidized GMO stuff they can afford and get the crops growing, or hold out and pay all the fines and taxes and fees for the heirloom seed and watch the bugs eat what manages to grow in the tainted soil.

What happens on one farm has a ripple effect on every farm as the pollen is carried on the wind and by bugs and as the plant dies and enters the soil and the water table. What animals feed on affects what's in their fecal matter, which in turn affects what's in the soil and the water. Not to mention what happens to the critters that eat the critters that ate the modified crops.

Unfortunately, playing 'agrarian society' is a losing game for anyone playing seriously. The masses don't want natural, organic, and authentic. They want cheap, easy, and fast.
"While my city sleeps / Where the lurkers creep / Is there still hope for me? / On these haunted streets." -  VooDoo Glow Skulls

Starbrightmoon

• Wandering Beneth A Starry Sky
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »

Eating healthy (especially organic) is for those that can afford it. And have it easily available.
Try feeding a family of 3 for two weeks on $100 or less.
Plenty of things like pasta, breaded chicken patties, pizza and canned soup is my experience.

Starbright, I do that every week.
If you are in an area that you can feed 3 people, healthily, for 50 dollars a week then you are lucky.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »

Apparently, different areas, different attitudes, different success rates.

Mongo

• Dungeon Master of Irish Diplomacy
  • Global Moderator
  • Spiritual Path: Wiccan
    • Mongo's Musings
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 09:28:39 PM »

Just a bit of a request, let's spend a little time editing the quotes please. They're starting to get ridiculously long in some places.

Usually I only bother quoting the person's Most recent post.
“There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Moonshine Thistlewish

• Apprentice
  • Tell me true.
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 10:15:33 PM »

Apparently, different areas, different attitudes, different success rates.

Given that 'organic' is just a word anymore, and not any sort of guarantee, I suppose it doesn't really matter. A lot of farms around here are being surrounded by sub-division housing as the farmers are forced to sell off parcels of land one bit at a time. Those sub-divisions have people or lawn care services using all sorts of chemicals and pesticides on their lawns. Not to mention all the other unhappy side-effects. Increased carbon from traffic, litter spoiling the soil in patches, increased harborage for pests like roaches and rats. It's sad to watch.
"While my city sleeps / Where the lurkers creep / Is there still hope for me? / On these haunted streets." -  VooDoo Glow Skulls

Paradisio

• Spiritual Path: The Path of the Great Goddess
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »

You should try some herbal tea.
From the womb to the tomb
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.