Sabbats/Holidays and Esbats > Esbats

How do I get ready for my first Esbat?

<< < (2/2)

dragonspring:
I think communing with the Moon is a great way to start connecting with the Goddess.  I would also recommend communing with the Sun to connect to the God.  When I first started this path, I tried to do both as often as I could to establish a connection with the Lord and Lady. 

diniesaur:
That's a good idea, dragonspring. I'll commune with the sun, too. This morning I meditated outside in the sun, and I liked it a lot. Cute bugs came and landed on me and stayed on me even when I moved around, and it made me feel happy and squealy like when I see a kitten.

Wolfsrain:
I love waking up early or staying up late to see it getting a teensy bit lighter but the moon still hanging strong in the sky.

And it's not weird to have a bedtime ;)

There's a reason we give them to children. They function a lot better with a good amount of sleep under their belts.

earthmuffin:

--- Quote from: Wolfsrain on October 02, 2011, 02:08:16 AM ---I love waking up early or staying up late to see it getting a teensy bit lighter but the moon still hanging strong in the sky.

And it's not weird to have a bedtime ;)

There's a reason we give them to children. They function a lot better with a good amount of sleep under their belts.

--- End quote ---

:yeahthat:
I just read a book about the science of parenting and there are scientific studies that have shown kids IQ's actually go down without enough sleep. Lack of sufficient sleep has also been linked to childhood obesity.

diniesaur:

--- Quote from: earthmuffin on October 02, 2011, 10:57:35 AM ---
:yeahthat:
I just read a book about the science of parenting and there are scientific studies that have shown kids IQ's actually go down without enough sleep. Lack of sufficient sleep has also been linked to childhood obesity.

--- End quote ---

I understand completey; I function a lot worse when I don't get enough sleep, and so does my dad. He takes a nap at work every day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version