Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Confusing Visualization--Need Help

(1/3) > >>

diniesaur:
This isn't as exciting as it seems; I just need help understanding this. I was practicing a Pentacle visualization, the one where you draw a pentacle in your mind with blue light and then undraw it in the opposite direction.

I'm ordinarily very good at visualization, and I had no trouble drawing it, but when I undrew it, I could get rid of the first line (the one that goes from top to bottom left) but I couldn't get rid of the next (bottom left to top right) or any other ones. I have no idea why this is. I kept pushing and trying to control it, but something told me I shouldn't push at it. I got frustrated and eventually I finally undrew it, but I still kind of have it in my mind. I'm confused.

Why did this happen, and how can I improve my skill with this?

dragonspring:
I would think that practice would help.  Can't say much more except that you need to believe that you can do this to be successful and try not to let the frustration you felt color your future attempts.

diniesaur:
Thanks, dragonspring. I will practice again soon.

Eternal Seeker:

Here's an exercise in visualization: http://www.paganjourneys.com/index.php?topic=181.0

peace,
ES

diniesaur:
Thanks, Eternal Seeker! It seems like you have something to help everyone on here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version