Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Spellwork-Questions from a newbie.

(1/3) > >>

dragonsfancy:
As a beginner just starting her journey on the path of Paganism, how do you know when or if you're ready for spellwork?  I have a general understanding of what and how to use it, but I just don't know where to begin.  I'm sorely afraid that I will make a spell that will either fizzle or have a completely negative reaction than what I am intending.

dragonspring:
The answer to this would depend on the type of spellwork you are trying to do.  There are lots of different types of spellwork - from folk magic to ceremonial.  If you are intending to do what some folks might call "high magic", it is important to have the skill to create an adequate Circle and to direct and hold energy.  Other spells like a simple cleansing do not require such skill and can be done by beginners.

FairyQueen:
I agree with dragonspring, as a newbie myself. HOWEVER, you can't know unless you try and confidence has everything to do with it. If you really think it is within your scope of knowing then try. Good luck!

dragonsfancy:
I'm definitely looking at simpler magick.  Cleansing, spells for wellness and protection.  Even some for fertility, as hubby and I are trying to get pregnant.  Thank you both very much.

earthmuffin:
For all those types of things, I tend not to do formal spells but have done some spontaneous folk/kitchen-witchy type magic to enhance certain energies along the lines a spontaneous smudging, making up a potion or putting out salt for home protection, wearing certain gemstones or herbs for certain energetic needs, etc.  The intent and desired outcome tends to be less specific/detailed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version