Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Spellwork-Questions from a newbie.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zlat:

--- Quote ---I have a general understanding of what and how to use it, but I just don't know where to begin.
--- End quote ---

Just pick a focus that's the most demanding in your life right now, that's usually the best place to start. Spellwork reacts to the need and to the will of the individual. You might as well use the energies that are already there. :)

Personally, I've observed that spells tend to only fizzle if you aren't working towards it on the physical end as well. For example, a spell for finding a job does not work if you only cast the spell and then sit around waiting for the job to fall into your lap. You need to do the legwork too to your best ability, and purposefully.

When it comes to the how and the mechanics of it, I'm sure you've read up enough on a lot of that to know what you should be doing.

One other point, know what you are going to do before you begin any workings. It doesn't help your energy flow to stop periodically to review and read from your notes. :) Hope that helps a bit.

FairyQueen:

--- Quote from: Zlat on January 06, 2012, 01:36:20 PM ---One other point, know what you are going to do before you begin any workings. It doesn't help your energy flow to stop periodically to review and read from your notes. :) Hope that helps a bit.

--- End quote ---

Guilty  :blush:

vordan:
So much of what we do in simple folk magic is more like a prayer and a metaphor for what we want, we try to create ripples that push us toward a goal. The objects used are simply to enhance and focus your energy.

Zlat:

--- Quote ---Quote from: Zlat on Today at 13:36:20

One other point, know what you are going to do before you begin any workings. It doesn't help your energy flow to stop periodically to review and read from your notes. :) Hope that helps a bit.

Guilty  :blush:
--- End quote ---

haha

skullabyes:
Dragonsfancy, I was wondering how you are doing on your spellwork... Have you tried anything and how did it go? <:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version