Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Meetings and Such

(1/3) > >>

Batman1984:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me first start off by saying I am a hands on learner on a budget. The area that I am in, well I get some wild looks from folks looking at the fact that I know have a pentagram on my left calf. Guessing that most people in the area of Fort Campbell, KY are more quite about their practice. So I am trying to find out if anyone knows of any groups or gatherings that are a regular occurance in the area. I would like to find a person, or group of people that I could learn with as I am not the best with just reading things, having that personal explanation in person helps me out so much. I have a friend back in SC that is willing to assist, and so far, she is doing good via Facebook, but she is 6 hours away, and the Army is not quick to say it is ok for me to drive sic hours on regular two day weekend. So if anyone has any ideas, they are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dragonspring:
I am surprised there aren't any groups at Fort Campbell.  I checked on meetup.com and there is an herb group that does herb walks, etc.  I bet if you went to that you might find someone with a like mind.  Or you could try one of the groups in Nashville.  There are some metaphysical shops there and they have Pagan Pride Day (10-13-2012) too which is a great way to find local Pagans.  Or you could try to attend one of the Pagan festivals that are held around there.  Pagan Unity Festival is held in Middle Tennessee but it was in May so you would have to wait till next year. 

Here's a link to some stuff.  Don't know how current it is but there is a lot of information there.
http://blessedbe.sugarbane.com/links.htm

Crystal Dragon:
Have you checked Witchvox?

FairyQueen:
I don't know how comfortable you are in talking to your Chaplain, but they or their assistant(s) should have information on services available to you as well.

Batman1984:
I haven't tried witchvox, but I will. Thanks Crystal Dragon. And the Chaplain and his assiatant know I pagan. They both seem fine with it, and the assistant said there is a small Wiccan group on base, 4-5 people, but they don't meet often. I had forgot about that until you mentioned it, thanks FairyQueen. You guys are the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version