Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Meetings and Such

<< < (3/3)

Batman1984:
The great thing about chaplains assistants are that they are non denominational in nature and.can.work for a.chaplain of any faith. I don't discount online connections, without it, I wouldn't have these wonderful conversations with you all, much less learn about the things I have thus far. Different strokes for.different folks i guess. I just prefer interacrion with people over computers. Thats all.

earthmuffin:

--- Quote from: Fox on July 23, 2012, 02:09:19 PM ---
I have to put in my 2 cents as an online business owner.  While I do agree to some extent with the face to face thing, I think it also really depends on what it is you are looking for in general.  The comment that someone is better able to recommend something based on thoughts and body language is completely not true in my experience.  I have been able to create some really remarkable pieces just through communicating via email and, in some cases, phone calls.  In all honesty, I've shocked myself with the connection some of my clients have made with the pieces I have created for them. You do not need to physically be in another person's presence to be able to generate a level of personal connection.  That applies to all kinds of things and not just businesses.  I have some pretty spectacularly close relationships with people that I've never met face to face or even spoken to on the phone.  Yes, that isn't always the case, but it absolutely is possible.  Don't discount the value of online connections.

--- End quote ---
Having been a very satisfied customer,  I can vouch for this.  :D

daughterofhathor:
Were u ever able to find anyone up there Phillip? and I promise If I ever get my license which you and I both know is a unlikely scenario but anything is possible You're my first trip Promise. And since you gotta come back to SC sometime (especially since I'm putting the blue in my hair) we can do whatever u want pagan wise promise! But me and H were talking and wondering if we could skype a circle or meeting or something would that work does anyone think?

dragonspring:
Participating in online rituals can be very powerful and rewarding.  I think it is a great idea.  :D

Batman1984:
Sounds like a plan. There are a few people around, but not really anyone that seems to practice openly around here. As my Chaplain put it, we are in the Bible Thumping Bible Belt. I get comments about my pentagram tattoo around here. I love the looks on people's faces when they get taught the meanings of symbols and some of its history. Its a good feeling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version