Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Did you choose a God(s), Goddess, or were they already a part of your path?

<< < (5/5)

BronwynWolf:

--- Quote from: Nicodemus on August 01, 2012, 04:12:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: BronwynWolf on July 31, 2012, 03:05:15 PM ---I firmly believe WE do NOT chose our gods, THEY chose US. I am on my Path because of the gods who claimed me.

--- End quote ---
Do you think that there are things, not directly the Gods as such, but other things which lead us to them but in retrospect can be seen to have been the Gods calling in a way? For example, you enter a book shop and buy a book on history, in the book you find info abouts and that leads you to find your God.

I couldn't find any good links on what Bon Droi is, could you send me a link if you have one please so I can end my ignorance. :)

--- End quote ---

Yes, other things can lead us to our gods. Of course they can! When you are on a road trip, you need a map; road signs and references to get where you're going. My spiritual path is a road trip that never ends.  :D In my case, it started when I was a little girl, and more interested in the myths and legends of the British Isles than "classic" mythology, although I certainly always enjoyed that as well.

"Ban Droi"... you will not find an on-line site or book that even mentions it. When I was evolving from Wiccan beyond, it was a term Brid (Bridget) told me to use as a title to distinguish what I was learning versus other Paths that have evolved. The closest you would find is Ban Drui, which is, literally, Woman Druid. I am not a Druid, although much of what I follow is very similar. It is a woman's path, although I do mesh fairly well with my husband's path. (He is a British Traditional Witch)

Nicodemus:
Thanks for elaborating BronwynWolf,
I have had 'signs' or events which have stood out as showing the way, so it is useful that you and others do too.

Tirya:
I do still follow the Egyptian Gods, and there have been several signs over the past several years that have reinforced my belief that this is where I belong. It took a long time and a lot of fighting on my part to realize it, accept it, and embrace it, though.

Nicodemus:

--- Quote from: Tirya on August 02, 2012, 12:44:07 AM ---I do still follow the Egyptian Gods, and there have been several signs over the past several years that have reinforced my belief that this is where I belong. It took a long time and a lot of fighting on my part to realize it, accept it, and embrace it, though.

--- End quote ---
I am going through a struggle to accept it at the moment, when I give in it feels good but sometimes I tend to talk myself out of it. I have started to think that it is like "falling from the path" and when I do life becomes troublesome (philosophically at least) until I stumble back on to it. Just a thought to share in response to your last point :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version