Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

earth based beliefs

<< < (2/4) > >>

Spinster:
I do think the Celts visited the new world, but I'm not sure they visited central Texas. There are no fir, birch and mistletoe. There are plenty of pine and oak and sweetgum and osage orange. I haven't been here long so there are some that I haven't found yet.
Thanks for the comments.  :rolleye:

Tirya:
Fir and birch may be hard to come by (though you may find some birch near river bottoms). Mistletoe is common, however. Once the hackberry and cedar elm trees finish dropping their leaves, you should be able to spot some mistletoe (particularly in pastures or non-landscape areas). Around here (North Texas) it' very common, even in parking lots at the mall. Different species, but the same family, I believe.

BronwynWolf:

--- Quote from: Spinster on October 27, 2012, 12:14:09 PM ---I do think the Celts visited the new world, but I'm not sure they visited central Texas. There are no fir, birch and mistletoe. There are plenty of pine and oak and sweetgum and osage orange. I haven't been here long so there are some that I haven't found yet.

--- End quote ---

Sure they did! MacGreggor was the Piper at the Alamo!

vordan:
Cotttonwood is a sacred wood, you can use it for a variety of things. Spanish moss can stuff poppets and the willows grow in the arroyos.

Spinster:

--- Quote from: BronwynWolf on October 27, 2012, 03:24:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Spinster on October 27, 2012, 12:14:09 PM ---I do think the Celts visited the new world, but I'm not sure they visited central Texas. There are no fir, birch and mistletoe. There are plenty of pine and oak and sweetgum and osage orange. I haven't been here long so there are some that I haven't found yet.

--- End quote ---

Sure they did! MacGreggor was the Piper at the Alamo!

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I meant before Europeans arrived.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version