Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Which religion?

<< < (3/4) > >>

earthmuffin:
Oh, I totally agree-- the label in the end doesn't matter. Some of the struggle to define what you believe and how it fits with others is sometimes an important part of the self-discovery process (I wrote a bit about that here http://www.paganjourneys.com/index.php?topic=1423.msg19230#msg19230), which I think is where Kodama might be coming from.

DisreputableMog:
I dig, but what's helped me the most (with anything, of anything) was coming to terms with the idea that I didn't have to really explain or quantify my ideas to anyone. They're just as valid, whether or not they're easily expressed.

earthmuffin:

--- Quote from: DisreputableMog on February 21, 2013, 07:09:46 PM ---I dig, but what's helped me the most (with anything, of anything) was coming to terms with the idea that I didn't have to really explain or quantify my ideas to anyone. They're just as valid, whether or not they're easily expressed.

--- End quote ---

Very true and same here. :)

vordan:

--- Quote from: earthmuffin on February 21, 2013, 08:19:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: DisreputableMog on February 21, 2013, 07:09:46 PM ---I dig, but what's helped me the most (with anything, of anything) was coming to terms with the idea that I didn't have to really explain or quantify my ideas to anyone. They're just as valid, whether or not they're easily expressed.

--- End quote ---

Very true and same here. :)

--- End quote ---

Yes, I love words but they have their limits, some things are past mere words.

Stormjester:
I'm new here, but I thought I would put in my 2 cents. If you are unsure what religion you should be, maybe you could just begin some simple practices that seem to be a part of most religions. This includes simple insight meditation, energy work (chakras) and visualization. This way, you are actually doing something and not merely wrestling with ideas.

Be Blessed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version