Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

The Current Sh**storm

<< < (2/2)

anarchistbanjo:
I stopped participating in forums and such several years ago for much the same reason. I think I've kind of worked through it hopefully. I've also noticed it in writer's workshops and its probably everywhere. It seems that people are friendly and supportive and will work with you to bring you up to their level or almost up to their level and then will refuse to support you any further. An ego thing like others have said. As long as they are on top they will be friendly and perhaps condescending? But Goddess forbid treat anyone as equals! Chuckle.

I said I think I've worked through it because I'm here for the social contact and the last thing I need or want is to blow my own horn and annoy others. I suspect it will be awhile before I introduce a topic of my own because I want to get to know everyone else first. I'm more comfortable responding to topics that interest others right now.

I did meet Raymond Buckland twice and participated in a Beltaine ritual in which he was an invited guest. He seemed a bit distant but friendly. I should clarify and say he signed a book for me! That isn't really meeting him is it? Chuckle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version