Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Question on the Fey

(1/5) > >>

VisionFromAfar:
Greetings one and all, from my first post!  :yeah:

Looking around, this seems like a board full of amazing people, so here's my first question:

Where can I learn more about the Fey?

Here's why I'm asking:

Relatively recently, I settled on a Norse path for my studies. This is not in the least surprising, since I have Norwegians, Sweedes, Swiss, and Germans in my ancestry and I just started a family myself. For a long time before I came to the realization of my pagan-ness (is that the word I'm looking for?), I had been drawn to the Runes, finally making my own set and I've been slowly learning to work with them over the past year.
     I recently picked up a wonderful book titled "The Runes of Elfland" http://www.amazon.com/Runes-Elfland-Ari-Berk/dp/0810946122 , which ties the Runes to the Fey in a wonderful mix of art and storytelling. Here's where I get smacked with the cluex4. My wife is much more sensitive to things than I am, so she usually acts as a messanger for whoever wants to talk to me. The other night she started asking about faries in bottles, an older woman, and my artwork involving gold filigree or copper wire. I haven't a clue what she's referring to, but the answers usually make themselves known when the time is right.
     Within two days of this, I began to care about the yard. Now, I usually keep the lawn trimmed and try to keep the weeds from taking over, but could rarely be bothered to do much else in the year since I moved in. All of a sudden I really, really wanted to make everything look nice, so I've been working myself ragged trying to "freshen up" my lawn and patio areas, even planting a ring of flowers in a garden area that I didn't know existed (the angry vines had completely covered the circle of landscaping stones!).

Where could I find out more about who might be trying to get in touch with me, or who has already connected with me? I'm coming here because a google search, well, didn't get me the results I needed, and I hoped that maybe someone here might know of a book or site that could help me. I'm sorry this post is so long-winded.  :whistle:

I hope that soon I can actually add something useful to this amazing forum.

earthmuffin:
I don't know anything about the Fey, but I wanted to say hello and welcome.  :wave:

dragonspring:
I don't have mush personal experience with the Fey either but we do have some here who do. 

LadyOrchid:
Hi VisionFromAfar- not sure which book or website might be the one you need with the answers you are looking for? But you are definately being led by the fey around your garden- they love their space and when a human helps to restore areas of neglect- they are obviously looking to get in touch- good luck with that. Leave them some honey- the love that too.

AmberRaven:

--- Quote from: LadyOrchid on April 13, 2010, 02:04:31 PM ---Hi VisionFromAfar- not sure which book or website might be the one you need with the answers you are looking for? But you are definately being led by the fey around your garden- they love their space and when a human helps to restore areas of neglect- they are obviously looking to get in touch- good luck with that. Leave them some honey- the love that too.

--- End quote ---

I agree, Leave them honey and some shiney objects such as mixed matched costume jewelry, buttons and what not.

Keep the area clean for them and they wont bother you too much.  But be careful, the Fae can be little tricksters too if you make them mad.  Or sometimes they can be tricksters just to do it.  But leaving trinkets around for them to play with usually keep them at bay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version