Sabbats/Holidays and Esbats > Sabbats/Holidays

Any other holidays?

<< < (2/3) > >>

earthmuffin:
Tir, I also find the solstices and equinoxes to be more personally meaningful though I also enjoy Samhain a lot because of the fun it presents with kids.

Ghost Wolf:
The solstices and equinoxes are vitally important. More so than most people realize. I encourage everyone to get a book entitled Uriel's Machine, by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dus-stripbooks-tree&field-keywords=Uriel%27s+Machine&x=8&y=11

Fox:

--- Quote from: earthmuffin on July 04, 2010, 09:46:43 PM ---Tir, I also find the solstices and equinoxes to be more personally meaningful though I also enjoy Samhain a lot because of the fun it presents with kids.

--- End quote ---

I'm right there with you, sis!  :D

baiombi:

Hey thanks all for your responses and thanks for the links as well!! A lot of what you've mentioned seems relevant to how I relate to the seasons. I feel compelled to honor the changes observed in nature (regardless of what culture it comes from) and I still love the European-based sabbats. The lessons I've taken from Buddhism have taught me to love where/when I am now, in the present, so I just wanted to learn ways to honor the current season, because I know there is an active purpose for each one :)

bluefire:
To me, the sabbats are celebrated for exactly the reason you mention, Baiombi, to honor significance of each stage of life.  Every sabbat, every season, is glorious for what it contributes to the whole.  The Wheel of the Year shows us the value of balance.  Within the wheel of the year, with sabbats to illuminate the changes, there is also the lunar cycle, with esbats to illuminate the more subtle but personal energy shifts.  Then within the lunar cycle, we have our days and nights, the shifting that is closest and most easily felt.  From large to small, around and around, energy is dynamic and changing, just like our lives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version