Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Healer's Kit

(1/3) > >>

Kari:
As a new healer, I assume I would want to get items beyond the normal first aid things, such as gauze, alcohol, and band-aids.  Am I correct, and, if so, what might I need to obtain?

BronwynWolf:
Training.

Fox:
I'm not really certain what you are asking here as there are many, many different types of healers and each one will need specific things.  It does sound as if you have little to no training, so I would highly recommend learning as much as you possibly can about the craft you are interested in before ever attempting any kind of healing as most often an inexperienced healer to do much greater damage than they are capable of being able to fix.

Kari:
I know someone who has some healing ability, but I've looked around and can't find much.  I'm mostly experimenting, and, so far, have been able to lessen pain/aches and sense pain, but only with people I'm close to.  However, I'm mostly relying on my own training with first aid, and it's difficult to find material on the subject.  Just about everything I've found on the Internet relates to role playing or full rituals, when all I need is for the infection to go away or the wound to heal quicker.  I've researched different stones and herbs, but I have an annoying tendency to kill plants and I'm not sure how stones will work with me.  Are there certain books or websites I should be looking for?  And what did you mean by there are different types of healers?

Fox:
There are those that can help heal physical illness and pain, others that can do the same for emotional illness and pain.  Then you have spiritual healers and energetic healers (Reiki to be more specific as an example).  Each one requires a certain level of education and knowledge to be able to truly work and heal effectively without causing more harm.  There are many of those that can also cross between areas of expertise, such as Reiki healers.  They use and manipulate energy to help solve many issues be they physical, emotional, or spiritual (though I'd be more than glad for someone with a lot more experience in the area to clarify that thought).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version