Pagan Journeys > Beginner's Chat

Spirit Boards

(1/3) > >>

Crystal Dragon:
One topic that almost always comes up on Pagan and Wiccan forums is that of spirit boards.  Now don't get me wrong, I have used spirit boards (heck I even own one) but because I've used them, I know how dangerous they can be.

The Ouija may have originally been designed as a game, but make no mistake, these tools are capable of opening doors you'd rather not have opened.  My first use of a spirit board (when I was about 20) wasn't horrendous, but I ended up with a curious entity following me around for a few weeks ... really freaked me out.

The problem with spirit boards is that you don't know who or what you'll end up dealing with, and if it's particularly nasty and you aren't experienced enough to know how to get rid of it, it can end badly.  I assisted my daughter with her one attempt at using a board and it was enough to convince her she never wants to use one again ... she did attract a nasty bugger somehow and was very relieved I was there to help her get rid of it.

If you insist on using a spirit board, my #1 suggestion is to find someone who's had some experience with them and work with that person.  If you can't find anyone who knows how to use a spirit board safely, your options are limited to finding someone to train you in how to deal with some of the nastys that can come through or leave them be. To use a board without being thoroughly prepared is like playing with fire IMHO.

Eternal Seeker:

The original use, and the reason for their popularity, was flirting. Remember that we are talking about a pretty rigid society at the time- and this game had your fingertips touching on the planchet, and you had no responsibility for what was being spelled out- so you could flirt quite literally shamelessly. I don't know how or when spirits first realized they, too, could use the board.

peace,
ES

Crystal Dragon:
I didn't know that ... thanks for the interesting tidbit.  :D

Mongo:
If one can't find help in learning to properly use one of these spirit boards, and still wants to experiment, it still can be done and done safely.

But one would have to make certain that they are well brushed up on wards, shieldings, and banishments for when (not if) something comes through. If you're going to open that door, at least know how to chuck their butts back through and slam the door on them.

AmberRaven:
Excellent advice Mongo.

I used to play with spirit boards and we opened up some nasty crap when we were younger.  Was not fun and it took along time to get rid of.  I was not pagan at the time but my friends mom was.  Oh she was furious with us!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version