Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why i find myself and where  (Read 12680 times)

Feldrin

• Spiritual Path: Ectosian
Why i find myself and where
« on: February 28, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »

Hi all, been a while.. i guess this here would technically be a sort of reintroduction of myself in a way.

As some might remember my intro states that i am a leviathanistic, omnitheist pagan, this much has changed only slightly. i spent the past few months doing a series of meditations to find out why i chose the path i did, to find out what a really wanted.

I have been encountering energies and entities for as long as i can remember, and my interactions with them have not always been the most ethical or smart. out of ignorance, i would lash out at my environment and at the entities around me blaming my confusion on them, out of pride or arrogance i would take a warning such as "don't fool around with dark entities, they can be deceptively cunning" as a challenge to do just that, out of curiosity i learned some life lessons before i was ready to accept them. and before long i was asking too many questions to stay put in on religion.

And so i come to my official change in direction. The tag for my spiritual path now says ectosian, which is a path of my own design, while remaining all encompassing, i have taken to the art of creating entities, and in doing so opened up the prospect of creating planes for them to dwell in where they can grow in potency. i will not say that we create gods with this process, but instead, entities that grow in power and are called upon until they serve relatively the same function. to in a nutshell it is a belief system that incorporates all gods Plus the entities of ectosian.

This change has actually been a while in the making, what started out as a plan to make a couple planes and entities for helping with every day things has evolved into the path that myself and others around me have settled on making a reality. :wave:
Courage is not fearlessness, the coward knows not fear for he flees at its first sign, the brave are those who will stand and face fear, and learn it by name.

BronwynWolf

• Pagan Women
  • Spiritual Path: Ban Droi
  • If Momma Wolf ain't happy...RUN
Re: Why i find myself and where
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »

Just wondering how exactly you do that. I mean, where are you drawing the energies from?
"...If my body dies tonight, my soul rides on the wind...." (From "The Man" by Mark Ryan, music from Wuthering Heights)

http://astheworldgoesmad.wordpress.com

Feldrin

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »

the energy to create the entity? that all depends on what its for. generally speaking its drawing from the life energy of the maker just by a pinch to set the ball rolling or from a mass of life giving energy such as a star. after which you give the entity a food source if you will, basically depending on what it does "this entity for the purpose of helping me get to work on time shall feed on the energy provided by the flow of traffic" if the food source is finite, the growth and lifespan of the entity is likely to be as well. and as far as energy for creating planes, that is largely drawing from ones self as the visualize the space of the plane cut out in an empty space before them. this process takes more energy than creating an entity so calling upon entities for help is likely a good idea when you need help with energy, again a plane needs a source flow of energy to help it grow as well so i generally would start small for the plane but give it a plentiful source to grow quickly.

hope that helps explain a little.
Courage is not fearlessness, the coward knows not fear for he flees at its first sign, the brave are those who will stand and face fear, and learn it by name.

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:35 PM »

You are really carrying the creation of thoughtforms to a level well past my experience. I created a form of familiar once but this makes me feel like I am in elementary school. This is working for you? A local coven had problems with a person who tried to create a tulpa for Lilith and ended up with a screaming poltergist. I am impressed if you are pulling this off, I don't think this has been done much since the Romans killed off the senior druids or perhaps Tibetian Mystics. many of the people who went into Chaos magic became frustrated with what they were able to create.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

Feldrin

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »

one such entity has been made by my hands, i decided to work with building an entity of courage, i first mapped out his description, then chose what matters he would have authority in and set about making a symbol for him to be recognized by, i set no termination time because  have opted to instead of giving my entities a time limit i will set up counterpart entities that if one should stray from its intended purpose, the other will rise to combat whatever imbalance it should cause. the entity that i made has thus far not showed any signs of being a poltergeist and been quite helpful in its duty. though it was a painstaking process setting up correspondences, the symbol, and choosing a name, i always hesitate before naming as entities have potential for all the same feelings as humans when humans create them from essential segments of their inner mind, i would hate to give an entity a name it wasn't proud of.

vordan

• Journeyman
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »

My thoughtform had a name used to summon it which worked as a little ryhme and I created a sigil for it. The name gave me some control, I had it for avery long time until it wandered off or else faded from lack of use, it developed it's own sense of identity apparantly which I found interesting, so I think it wandered off rather then faded. I should of intentionally of destroyed it as per instructions but I liked the little fairy creature too much.
Mark Twain

Feldrin

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »

i thought about the destroy direction for a while but i felt too much like it would be like burning down a house that you built or walking up to a friend you had worked really hard to make and shooting them in the face. the entity i have now is simple but i have a list of entities and their functions waiting to be made.

i generated the thought form and names behind many of them but i don't think that my energy alone will be adequate  as these entities are to be available for anyone to get familiar with them and call on them for help, as such, i have been storing energy in stones like batteries. and so i have others who are willing to put their thought, energy and belief into them with me. and the same goes for creating the planes, i have practiced  that but i can only sustain a certain amount of spiritual space before my concentration  wavers.

we plan on waiting for spring to set in do the creation rituals as a time of new life seems fitting for the process. winter here in Washington is kinda dreary to picture a lot of life energy but spring time in the mountain forests is a prime time and location to do it.

vordan

• Journeyman
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 05:15:11 PM »

I agree, I would think on or around Beltaine would give you lots of creation energy.
Mark Twain

Ghost Wolf

• Master
  • Skeptical Inquisitor
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »

Wow, amazing. Aleister Crowley himself could learn a thing or two from you, Feldrin.
"Welcome? to The Asylum, we have tea." -Emilie Autumn

Feldrin

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:13 PM »

thank you, i normally don't view myself on a high level of standing as people so well known and respected, i simply wish to see how far the powers of creation extend and in the mean time create something worth keeping around. :)

vordan

• Journeyman
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »

You do realize that it might take an almost autistic Aspergers like focus to be able to do this? I only say that because I raised an Aspergers son and grew to admire his ability to focus his thoughts on something. Many geniuses, artists scientists and inventors might have a touch of the disorder, oblivious to the world around them and totally focused. Bill Gates and Einstein are both thought by some to be brushed with a few Asperger traits. They say that often the father of an Aspergers child has a few traits which might be what makes my mind a little unique. I am obssessed with what interests me. Six billion people on the planet, some minds are going to be even more unique then others. If the ability to perform any task from the playing of music. art, sports to a higher level should exist in humanity it should exist now. I think we all will want to know how this progresses.
Mark Twain

Feldrin

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 10:47:01 PM »

i dont know about autism or aspergers as i have never been tested for it, the only technical disability i have that i know of is "Attention deficit disorder" (quotations because i see it more like a multitasking advantage than an attention problem XD) but I'm not sure if that would fall under the category you mentioned.

and when we have completed the creation and dedication rituals i would probably be interested in posting a description of the finished results including a list of names, functions and planes. i only hope we have enough energy stored to help the process when it happens, i have been pouring mine into a half pound chunk of auralite as well as  many other stones, i'm actually hoping for a storm so i can have a back up if i run out, not that i relish the thought of taping a storm for energy, as i imagine it would take an immense amount of control and focus to be constructive, hopefully not more than we can spare 

crystal wolfstar

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 11:44:39 PM »

if the food source is finite, the growth and lifespan of the entity is likely to be as well.

So if you just need to create a temporary one and it has a finite food source, it starves to death afterwards?
Or do you terminate them somehow? That still doesn't seem ethical.

Feldrin

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 12:07:17 AM »

if it is not set to be terminated, and it runs out of  a food source, it's likely that it will indeed fade, or "starve". in which case, it would be the more ethical to terminate its service as an act of mercy if you truly feel that the entity is more than just a tool. and i have heard of others who feel that is all they are, regrettable. however, hazards can come from this if they do not starve or fade, if they are neglected of food and not allowed to perish, it is possible for them to take on resentment, and seek other food where it can get it, and this can be dangerous in many ways.

If you only need a temporary entity, i would strongly recommend you terminate it and not rely on its lack of food. if you wish to keep it around for later use but dont  want it hangin out where ever you go, you can set it to go dormant after each task and await your call to reawaken.

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 07:48:33 AM »

planes for them to dwell in where they can grow in potency. i will not say that we create gods with this process, but instead, entities that grow in power and are called upon until they serve relatively the same function. to in a nutshell it is a belief system that incorporates all gods Plus the entities of ectosian.

if it is not set to be terminated, and it runs out of  a food source, it's likely that it will indeed fade, or "starve". in which case, it would be the more ethical to terminate its service as an act of mercy if you truly feel that the entity is more than just a tool. and i have heard of others who feel that is all they are, regrettable. however, hazards can come from this if they do not starve or fade, if they are neglected of food and not allowed to perish, it is possible for them to take on resentment, and seek other food where it can get it, and this can be dangerous in many ways.

If you only need a temporary entity, i would strongly recommend you terminate it and not rely on its lack of food. if you wish to keep it around for later use but dont  want it hangin out where ever you go, you can set it to go dormant after each task and await your call to reawaken. [\quote]

I would be interested in exactly how one terminates a godlike entity.  Creating entities that grow in power to become god like and then destroying them seems like a good plot for a fantasy novel but seems a bit risky in reality.
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

crystal wolfstar

• Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

If you only need a temporary entity, i would strongly recommend you terminate it and not rely on its lack of food. if you wish to keep it around for later use but dont  want it hangin out where ever you go, you can set it to go dormant after each task and await your call to reawaken.

Terminating it after I don't need it anymore reminds me of people who keep dogs around until they don't want them anymore and then drop them at the pound where they're euthanized. It's better than starving to death but it's still wrong.

Feldrin

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »

i myself am not one for terminating them, but others might see them as livestock that are just killed when they cant produce any more, and some just see it as total oblivion, that once they fade their sentience is completely gone. if you do not wish to terminate than the option of dormancy might be what you want. or you can just make an entity that will stay with you as a companion or guardian. those are what i have taken to calling sword and shield entities, sword entities are always near by waiting for the command to act on your will, and shield entities are always nearby waiting for something to try to harm you so they can protect you, both are constant, both are powerful, and both are a commitment. and you could go for making one that does both.

In response to dragonspring,(and thanks for pointing this out) the godlike entities, as you say are not meant to be destroyed, they realm in which they are to grow in potency is meant not to be finite, nor are the food sources we give them in this plane. The goal is to make lasting entities, i was never much for temporary things :)
P.S
:on another note, others have simply set a lifespan for their entities, task completed or not, the entity will fade after a certain time.:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:25:54 PM by Feldrin »

vordan

• Journeyman
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »

I actually think mine learned to feed itself eventually, it likes gardens and flowers since it is a fairy thoughtform, I do believe it is still around the neighborhood but goes dormant in the winter now that I don't use it as much. Living things have energy, I think I will call it this spring after reading your posts I miss the little thing. Weird how they can take on their own lives and unlike the books it is not always bad to let them do that.
Mark Twain

Feldrin

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 11:30:54 PM »

i'll be interested to hear how its doing, the only entity i know of that chose its source was because it was apparently never given one, it was nearly faded when i found it, and i allowed him to feed off of my own energy to bring it back. the fact that i found it in a shopping mall that seems full of dark energy may be a contributing factor to his attitude, perhaps it was the only thing to eat (i guess you really are what you eat.... even for entities) but its promising to hear that yours hasnt been causing an uproar XD.

vordan

• Journeyman
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »

I am pretty sweet mellow dude, not to sound vain since it is relative to being a complete ass, which reflects itself in my creations, poems stories, statues, covens, marriage, child, dogs, thoughtforms. You create or influence things in a way that reflects your inner self if that makes sense. So my thoughtform became this very mellow fairy like creature that enjoys being around growing things. I am not sure if I did not expand it's ability myself to do that to answer your question. This is a thirty some year old thoughtform, I made it back when I lived with my parents, it has moved with me at least twice. It has existed so long I have begun to wonder if it was a real fairy who pretended to be a thoughtform or a thoughtform that became somewaht real over time. I don't have your talent most of my other attempts at thoughforms never met with this much success.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:02:46 AM by vordan »
Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.