Welcome Guest! Pagan Journeys is an online community primarily geared toward Pagan paths, but all paths and spiritualities are welcomed here. Pagan Journeys is a place of community, learning, and growth for all of its members. You must either login or register to view all boards and features of this forum.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on Imbolc  (Read 12950 times)

Tirya

• Zen Master of Cupcakes
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with strong Wiccan influence
Thoughts on Imbolc
« on: February 02, 2014, 12:49:52 PM »

Saw this on a friend's Facebook status. She's very Christian, so I chose not to point out the pagan influence to her...

"Funny how February 2nd is exactly 6 weeks before the Spring Equinox! Really doesn't matter what an animal in Pennsylvania sees, now does it?"

I'm hopeful to have enough motivation today to do some cleaning. I've been rearranging some things in my head, which is good, but some tangible physical progress would be nice, too.
My train of thought derailed.

There were no survivors.

Crystal Dragon

• Resident herbalist and ninja healer extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Mood: :bluedragon:
  • Spiritual Path: Pagan with Celtic/Native American influences
  • Crystal Whisperer
    • Crystal's Page
Re: Thoughts on Imbolc
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:53:42 PM »

:rotflmao:

Hoping to get to some rearranging myself ... need to keep that forward motion going.  :D
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. 
Albert Einstein

dragonspring

• All Knowing Nymph
  • Administrator
  • Spiritual Path: Heathen Witch
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

We are travelling this weekend so we don't have any special plans spiritually.  We will probably celebrate Charming of the Plow and Disting sometime between now and Feb 14th since there is not a New Moon this month.  Our godi has moved to Ohio and we are finding our own way with a couple of other Heathen families - hoping we can get together to do something or we will be having the rites at home.   :D
Blessings,
dragon

"The word which shall come to save the world, shall be uttered by a woman." - Anna Kingsford

vordan

• Journeyman
  • Spiritual Path: Eclectic Wiccan Witch
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 07:02:31 PM »

I always look for signs of life at this time of year, something green under the snow. A dormant bit of weed anything that shows life gathering waiting for spring. I had to work today but I am going out into the slight melt tomorrow during my break from work to look. I am always mucking through woods in all weather.
"The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

earthmuffin

• Mystical Woodland Sprite
  • Global Moderator
  • Mood:
  • Spiritual Path: hedge witch/earth bunny
  • A lunatic and proud of it
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »

I like your tradition, Vordan. I went out today to check on my plants and see if the violets were blooming. In contrast to the east, winter here is the season when things normally come back to life after the extreme heat and dryness of summer. Sadly, I found my huge old grandfather sage was almost dead, having gotten frozen back in early December. But the wood violets were blooming, the chickweed was growing like crazy, and the bulbs are starting to come up. They look thirsty though because we are having a drought. :(
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.