Pagan Journeys > Paths and Traditions

Cherokee Spirituality

<< < (3/3)

chocolatehotdog:
How much Cherokee blood must one have to know if you're connected with the earth? I always wondered if the more pure blood you are the more you're one with alliance. Can anyone confirm? I have some friends that have some blood in them, and want to know should I practice with them for the sake of being exposed to the right vibes?

dragonspring:
I am not really sure what you are asking here.  All humans are capable of being connected to the Earth regardless of how much NAI blood they have.  At one time, all of our ancestors had indigenous and tribal beliefs.  NAI spiritual practices can be a powerful way to connect to the land spirits in North America and having some knowledge of the tribes around where you live could be helpful in developing a connection to them.

Mongo:

--- Quote from: chocolatehotdog on June 22, 2013, 11:43:43 PM ---How much Cherokee blood must one have to know if you're connected with the earth?
--- End quote ---

Don't have to have any. One's connection to the living embodiment of Earth (Mother Earth in certain traditions, NAI traditions being among them) is simply something you can develop. The Earth is willing to accept anyone who wants to connect to her.

I always wondered if the more pure blood you are the more you're one with alliance.

Blood Purity means nothing. I'm as much of a mutt as you can get. Primarily I'm Irish/Lithuanian with a mixture of English, Scottish, German, Spanish, Ukrainian, Swiss, Swedish...and that's just what I can find out on my own. The Earth gave birth to all who is on it. All the animals, all the plants, and she sheltered and fed the hominids who would eventually evolved into us.

So as long as you're human? You're blood is "pure" enough for her.

--- Quote ---Can anyone confirm? I have some friends that have some blood in them, and want to know should I practice with them for the sake of being exposed to the right vibes?
--- End quote ---

It's not really going to help you in that way. You're not going to get connected to her by osmotically soaking up the "good vibes" from a NAI ritual. You are already connected to her (and to everything on her). What you want to do is to open your heart, mind and spirit to her and that can be done any number of ways. Primarily by actually seeking to open yourself to her. Being an active and open-minded (and heart and spirit) participant in any rituals involving the Mother Earth is the best way to do it. Any Shamanistic path will do as would many other pagan traditions that have a connection to the Living Earth. NAI may be your easiest path since in Texas you have a practitioners close at hand.

What I suggest is that you ask to see if they would be willing to teach you and to join. If you are honestly willing to open yourself to the Earth and learn her lessons, someone will be willing to teach you to open the communication lines. You may or may not want to stay within the NAI traditions, but once you have made the connection you can study and research other paths to strengthening the bond with her. Dialing it in as it were until you hit the path that best suits you.

NAI may work well for you, or you may find that other Shamanistic paths may be closer to your needs. It takes an open mind, heart, and spirit as well as a bit of research and a smidge of soul-searching. But eventually you will find yourself on the path that makes the most sense to you as well as giving you the spiritual fulfillment that you are seeking.
[/quote]

Ghost Wolf:

--- Quote from: chocolatehotdog on June 22, 2013, 11:43:43 PM ---How much Cherokee blood must one have to know if you're connected with the earth?
--- End quote ---

None.

--- Quote ---I always wondered if the more pure blood you are the more you're one with alliance. Can anyone confirm? I have some friends that have some blood in them, and want to know should I practice with them for the sake of being exposed to the right vibes?

--- End quote ---

No.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version