Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

specific Yule traditions?

<< < (2/3) > >>

bluefire:
C'mon over!  This year it's a Monday night, but oh well....Tuesday will just be interesting at work. :whistle:  All the kids will be here.

I'm not sure you would love the food, Foxy.  Traditional Lithuanian food doesn't excite most folks.  This year I'm doing cabbage-potato soup with beef.  I'll post the recipe, just for fun.

Eternal Seeker:

I have grits with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. No, wait, that's a Y'all tradition, not Yule. Nevermind.

peace,
ES

Fox:
 :laughfit:  ES!  You crack me up!

--- Quote from: bluefire on December 11, 2009, 08:05:47 PM ---I'm not sure you would love the food, Foxy.  Traditional Lithuanian food doesn't excite most folks.  This year I'm doing cabbage-potato soup with beef.  I'll post the recipe, just for fun.

--- End quote ---

You are probably right.  I'm really not a fan of cabbage.  :whistle:

dragonspring:
I love the idea of the candles BF!  I may use that one this year.  In the past, I have given my daughter one gift to open on Yule similar to what Fox explained and we usually have a special meal.  Like the any other Sabbat, I usually do a ritual of some sort.

bluefire:

--- Quote from: dragonspring on December 12, 2009, 07:27:34 AM ---Like the any other Sabbat, I usually do a ritual of some sort.

--- End quote ---

There are lovely candle rituals for the solstice.  One we like with family is that each person holds a lit candle after the circle is created.  Each person then talks about one gift he or she has received from the Divine in the past season (since the summer solstice) and then talks about one gift he or she can give to the Divine for the next season (until the next summer solstice) and places the candle on the altar.  The circle is then released and we eat.  This can also be done as a solitary ritual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version