Pagan Journeys > Pagan Chat

Reiki

(1/7) > >>

earthmuffin:
What exactly is it and how to does it work?

dragonspring:
Reiki is an form of spiritual healing based on the concept of life force energy or "ki". Basically, Reiki healers manipulate and supplement the ki of their patients to direct the flow of energy by the laying on of hands - although touching is not always required. It is quite similar to kundalini energy practices in Hinduism and the manipulation of chakras. 

Crystal Dragon:
Yep ... it was developed in Japan in 1922 by Mikao Usui.  I'm not sure if the current training in the New Age community is the same as what he developed, and many healers incorporate it into a healing practice with other methods.

PaganOne:
Reiki is the name of a particular system of hand positions, although there are many systems of energy healing that claim and fall under the heading of Reiki. 

I often refer to myself as a metaphysical healer, as I use various types of healing methods such as diet, yoga, aromatherapy, color and sound (my favorite) along with energy manipulation.  Distance Reiki/energy healing is my specialty.  For some reason, (unless it's a dog) I dislike up close and personal Reiki.

Two great books and quick reads on Reiki are Brett Bevell's The Reiki Magic Guide to Self-Attunement and Reiki for Spiritual Healing.  I keep them both on my end table within easy reach.

LadyOrchid:
Reiki is the ‘laying’ of hands (non-intrusively) on or slightly above the body over the Chakra's so the universal life force energy can flow through the practitioner as a channel and to another person.  It is this flow of energy which helps restore balance on the Emotional- Mental- Physical and Spiritual level's for the body to begin to heal itself.
You do not have to be ill to be out of balance and anyone can benefit from a reiki session- anything for that matter. I have given reiki to my car- my office photocopier- my orchids and other plants aswell as family- friends and pets etc.
As a practitioner- I also benefit from the life force flow- as it comes through me to the intended recipient. It is a wonderful feeling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version